[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you guys recommend me military novels? Preferably ones that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: military.jpg (68KB, 702x476px) Image search: [Google]
military.jpg
68KB, 702x476px
Can you guys recommend me military novels?
Preferably ones that follows the perspective of commanders or people high up on the chain of command
>>
Halo Fall of Reach
>>
The first three novels of Legend of the Galactic Heroes have now been translated to English. They focus on the two parallel careers of high up commanders in two opposing space empires.

Junger's Storm Of Steel is a autobiographical WW1 novel, he's mostly a Leutnant.
>>
Starship troopers
>>
River God
Warrior of Rome
Belisarus series
>>
>>9189821
>Preferably ones that follows the perspective of commanders or people high up on the chain of command
I have like 10-12 meters of books like this.

in Finnish
>>
Storm of Steel
Halo Fall of Reach
Soldier's Memoirs (I have a couple)
>>
>>9189821
Diary of a U-boat commander.

It's alright.
>>
File: hammersslammers2.jpg (192KB, 710x1024px) Image search: [Google]
hammersslammers2.jpg
192KB, 710x1024px
>>9189821
The Hammer's Slammers series is pretty good.

Follows a company of armored mercs in the far future after humanity's colonized a bunch of random-ass planets. The first volume is mostly short stories while the second and third are compendiums of shorter books.

It's mostly boots on the ground type of stuff, unfortunately, so you'll be looking more at the personal realities of war than you will the chain of command, though the books At Any Price and Counting the Cost from Vol. 2 both deal heavily with politics in the warzone.

David Drake, the author, spent a fair bit of time working with the American armored forces in Vietnam so his combat stays pretty grounded. I think his vision for future military equipment is a little off, but most of this stuff was written 30 years ago so he probably made as good a guess as anyone else.
>>
Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Julius Caesar's corn book
>>
>>9189821
Janissaries, but it's Sci-Fi
>>
Jesus Christ these manchild responses.

Aubrey Maturin series. Starship Troopers. The Gallic Wars.

Most war memoirs are disgustingly embellished shit that give a very narrow view on what happened and why. The only good ones I can think of is One Bullet Away by Nathan Fick and Webster's Parachute Infantry which Ambrose stole most of the material from for Band of Brothers.
>>
File: ocmm.jpg (766KB, 679x1039px) Image search: [Google]
ocmm.jpg
766KB, 679x1039px
>>9191774
There are genuinely great books that detail the command of officers, and their actions in time of war, but of course this garbage dumpster of a board hasn't touched them because they're libcucks and retards who only consider fictional books as literature.
>>
>>9191796
>retards who only consider fictional books as literature

Nothing exists lol.
>>
True Allegiance by Ben Shapiro
>>
>>9191796
>>9191774
>OP asks for military novels
>/pol/tard is offended that his dadcore shit isn't included

Go back to your safe space
>>
>>9191908
>everything is le boogeyman board.
just fucking kys yourself stupid shitgot
>>
Storm of Steel and Anabasis
two of my favourites, both autobiographical

>>>9191774
>Most war memoirs are disgustingly embellished shit that give a very narrow view on what happened and why
OP asked for novels, not instruction manuals
>>
File: 1488336292687.jpg (74KB, 480x458px) Image search: [Google]
1488336292687.jpg
74KB, 480x458px
"Infanterie greift an" by Erwin Rommel
>>
Gravity's Rainbow.
>>
>>9191915
Kill yourself yourself
>>
>>9189821
War and Peace & The Iliad

Obviously.
>>
>>9189821
just read de gallo bellico u twat
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.