[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good books/poems that paint a picture rather

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: 1484979960187.jpg (487KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1484979960187.jpg
487KB, 1280x1707px
What are some good books/poems that paint a picture rather than tell a story?
>>
>>9186744
Am I in the minority for thinking this looks dumb?
Like, she's hot, sure, but the silly costume and awkward spine twist just ruin it. It's like putting a big red circle around Christ in The Last Supper. Let the art (ass) speak for itself, don't force it.
>>
>>9186746
I just find women being vain personally disgusting. They say they do it for themselves but if that were true it wouldn't end up on the internet
>>
>>9186753
I find vanity in women really hot. It's such a turn off when a girl or woman is anxious about her body. I fucking love it when a woman knows she's hot.
>>
>>9186746
>>9186753
>>9186762
gentlemen, we are discussing books here
>>
>>9186753

Spoken like a true virgin. Fuck off neckbeard cuck.
>>
>>9186746
No, a little bit over 50% of the population likes dick too.
>>
>>9186762
But surely a woman can be aware of her sexiness without acting like a clown?
>>9186783
No one's judging your lifestyle choices, you fabulous shining star.
>>
>>9186746
>Am I in the minority for thinking this looks dumb?
Yes. There is a great thanksgiving feast in front of you and you are complaining about how the table cloth doesnt match the 'ew' paper plates
>>
>>9186746
Furthermore how many seductive photos of women are there on the internet? You just need to critique this one? You cant just say, hm... nice juicy ass... nice...
You have to notice other things? You have to put this 1/99999999999999999999999 images of suggestive females into a 'hmmm I rate it 7 out of 100' catagory of not being up to standard? Hmmm im a bit disappointed with this one.. phooey. Objectify, move along. Objectify, move along. cmon now brother, snap into it
>>
Prousts In Search for Lost Time
>>
>>9186804
I don't normally respond to people who treat 4chan like facebook, but I'll make an exception just this once.
This woman is employing reductive tactics to objectify herself. She reduces herself to the most primal sexual elements in a contrived, sugar-pop way. I would prefer to see a complex whole, with layers of femininity. Pixie Stix aren't tasty and this picture isn't attractive. It's just foolish.
Also, what is such a comprehensive gallery of seductive photos for if not analysis and categorization? By determining what is most attractive, we can decide which pictures make the best OPs.
>>
Can you think for a minute whether posting lewd women to encourage lust is morally just?
>>
>>9183613
>>
>>9186771
Stop posting pictures of yourself online.
>>
>>9186801
this fuck knows what he's talking about.

though i'm sure this bitch is an annoying cunt.
>>
>>9186824
This
>>
>>9186769
Not so long as there's a Jezebel on the front page like that we're not.
>>
my god

can we get back to the topic please?

op, why would you want a book that "paints a picture"? you go to art galleries for that. books are for telling stories. but maybe there's something i'm missing here. are you saying you legitimately enjoy those works of literature that spend the most time on describing arbitrary details so you can have a vivid image of the scene?
>>
>>9186917
Maybe I meant more of a scene than a picture. Its more common in poetry. Rimbaud and Baudelaire are kind of what I had in mind.
>>
>>9186769
/sci/ late hours for ya nigga
>>
>>9186744
Read Julien Gracq.
>>
>>9186744
How about haikus? Most of them capture an image in a single moment, like a photo. Am I right?
>>
>>9186964
i remember dropping tolkien because he wouldn't stop going on about the landscape and i really dislike people that don't get to the point. but maybe it would be just right for what you're searching for
>>
>>9187027
I don't just mean landscape. Even minimalists can make you imagine a scene vididly
>>
>>9187053
sure. but that's also related to how good a reader is at conjuring inaginary pictures. and that is a skill aquired trough avid reading. i actually like minimalistic books a lot more since they leave so much room for interpretation of the small facts. it makes for a more personal and unique experience of the story.
>>
>>9187025
Haikus chiefly lay heavier emphasis on evocation and piquant suggestion than elaboration, although the existence of purely pictorial haikus is to be acknowledged. Your statement is not without merit, as to quote Hearn from In Ghostly Japan:

>By the use of a few chosen words the composer of a short poem endeavors to do exactly what the painter endeavors to do with a few strokes of the brush, - to evoke an image or a mood, - to revive a sensation or an emotion. And the accomplishment of this purpose, - by poet or by picture maker, - depends altogether upon capacity to suggest, and only to suggest. A Japanese artist would be condemned for attempting elaboration of detail in a sketch intended to recreate the memory of some landscape seen through the blue haze of a spring morning, or under the great blond light of an autumn afternoon.
>>
Shel Silverstein
>>
Eliot, Four Quartets
>>
>>9186744
The Encantadas by Melville; they're a few really beautiful descriptions/essays of Volcanic tropical islands
>>
>>9186762
you obviously have no idea what 'vanity' means. fucking retard
>>
The Hungry Hungry Caterpillar
>>
Ezra Pound's imagiste poetry is what you need to check out first. Simple and easy to imagine.

Check this out:
"The apparition of these faces in the crowd;
Petals on a wet, black bough."

Then his influences will naturally lead you on to similar visual poetry. Haiku for instance.
>>
>>9187297
Excessive pride in one's own appearance?
>>
>>9186746
I agree with you comrade. Women have no shame, the way they fix their hair or do their make up on public transport. We would be ridiculed for doing likewise.
>>
>>9186746
You're in the majority, and you're dumb for not realizing that it's photoshopped.
>>
>>9186744
Robert Walser; Franz Kafka, often; Walter Pater's Imaginary Portraits, and most of his novel, Marius the Epicurean. The long, intermediary chapter in V. Woolfe's To the Lighthouse is a classic of the 'genre'
>>
>>9186744
Invisible Cities
>>
>>9186824
>She reduces herself to the most primal sexual elements in a contrived
Why have you not reduced the female to your orgasm? Or is this all about how difficult it is for you to have an orgasm unless there is potpurri and high fashion involved
>>
>>9186917
>my god
>can we get back to the topic please?
>>9186964
The great double edged sword:
Use lewd photo to attract attention to your thread.
Attention attracted to thread discussed photo instead of thread.
>>
tits>ass
>>
>>9187983
>tits>ass
t. Babby Brestfedder
>>
>>9187983
definitely not
>>
>>9187995
t. repressed homo namefag who can't figure out tripcodes
>>
>>9188073
>t. repressed homo namefag who can't figure out tripcodes
t. Presumptuous Wrongicus
>>
>>9188073
>tits>ass
Ok... how about this: they can be relatively equal and we should be thankful for the bevy of shapes and sizes of both?

Bro.. would you rather I take a machete and slice off your girlfriends tits, or ass?
>>
>>9188204
i would prefer you cut out her vocal chords
>>
>>9186744
I like the painting.

>>9186746
>Am I in the minority for thinking this looks dumb?
Yes.
>>
File: imogen.jpg (46KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
imogen.jpg
46KB, 640x640px
>>9187387
>you're in the majority
>>9188844
>you're in the minority

I gather this is a controversial issue, then. That's fine - at the end of the day, there are more than enough sexy pictures of women for all of us.
>>
>>9188877
ewww, why is she holding her hair like that!!?!?! what did she mean by this/!?!

Its so unnatural, artificial... and look at how pasty and flabby her under thighs are,, ewwwww

And look at those markings on the door frame!! What a grotesque critter would allow such dishevelry

Dont even get me started on the floor pattern...its enough to make my head spin, look at all those contradicting implications, the light taking your eye one way and then another, clashing into a disruptive eye sorey mess, entirely unfung shuiey

And this worst part of me even wasting a second looking at this worthless picture, is that it is nowhere near revealing enough to do anything for me, and I would hope, anyone
>>
I don't my penis is large enough to pleasure a woman like that.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.