[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be me >Raised like the typical millenial >Shitty public

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: sad_girl_statue_by_halfgallon.jpg (104KB, 1032x774px) Image search: [Google]
sad_girl_statue_by_halfgallon.jpg
104KB, 1032x774px
>Be me
>Raised like the typical millenial
>Shitty public education
>Never even required to read a book
>developed shitty short attention span

But... I started reading and i loved doing it, yet i find it incredibly hard to focus, and i'm also kind of lost, specially when it comes to filosofy.

So my question is, how can i change my situation and where do you think i should start?

Pls help.
>>
File: stone cold.gif (954KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
stone cold.gif
954KB, 320x240px
You should start WITH THE GREEKS
>>
>>9185628
>he thinks his awful upbringing is 'typical'
Step 1. Don't be born into a prole family.
Step 2. Enjoy life.
>>
>>9185628
You should start with short engaging books, and try to read a dozen of page without letting your mind be distracted.

I would recommand The Stranger for a short simple fiction and "Apology of Socrates" if you're looking for philosophy, it's also a short book and nails pretty much what Socrates was about (I find it pretty inspiring too)
>>
Want to become patrician? Read the following:

Pensees Liasses 2 a 8 (Folio)
Du Cote De Chez Swann (Folio)
Discours de La Methode (Folio)
Tartuffe (Folio)
Phedre (Folio)
Introduction to French Poetry
Cosmology, Atomic Theory, Evolution: Classic Readings in Literature of Science
Essays on the Theory of Numbers (Dover)
Mathematics for the Nonmathematician
The Oxford Book of English Verse
The Oxford Book of American Poetry
Ulysses (Oxford UP)
A Greek Anthology
New Testament Greek: A Reader
Maxims (St Augustine's)
Socratic Logic
>>
File: 1b5.png (93KB, 331x429px) Image search: [Google]
1b5.png
93KB, 331x429px
>>9185684
>He this French
>>
>>9185628
My upbringing wasn't much better.

>forced from a young age to read serious literature, philosophy, and history
>elite private school education
>elite private tutors outside of school
>dropped out of Ivy League college after sophomore year because it bored me
>live off of inheritance
>no purpose in life

My experience has been so radically different from the typical millennials' that I don't know how to interact with you people. I don't know anything about (nor do I have any interest in) your music, your TV shows, Pokemon, strains of weed, social media, sports teams, video games, and virtually every other part of popular culture. I'm completely isolated.
>>
File: 1488337471352.jpg (39KB, 389x361px) Image search: [Google]
1488337471352.jpg
39KB, 389x361px
>>9185628
>Raised like the typical millenial
>Blames others for your problems

Oh, the irony!
>>
Especially for philosophy, take notes as you read. Even if they are asinine, it keeps you focused and thinking critically
>>
>>9185628
It's your choice to have shit attention. I recommend this routine.

Focus each day until it becomes agonising and painful. Don't blame your upbringing you lowlife scum.
>>
>>9185826
>tfw France has had English lit by the balls since day one
>>
>>9185901
the only reason to ever 'annotate' is for citation purposes, and you do it on a separate document
>>
>>9186069
Annotation has been proven to help with focus and comprehension. Why would you not?
>>
>>9185644

Bought both. Thanks.

>>9185901

Interesting. Will try.
>>
>it's society's fault I'm still dumb
books would be wasted on you.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.