[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not great with Kant. Some fluency, but nothing serious.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: -1.jpg (8KB, 234x300px) Image search: [Google]
-1.jpg
8KB, 234x300px
I'm not great with Kant. Some fluency, but nothing serious. Schopenhauer's prologue to the first edition of The World as Will suggests a deep understanding of Kant as a pre-requisite. I'm reading Schopenhauer for some work due in a few weeks, so I don't anticipate being able to read through all of Critique of Pure Reason in time to read all of The World as Will. I'm in the library with a copy of Critique. Where should I go? What are the must-read sections/parts to lay the groundwork for Schopenhauer? (I'd rather not get into a debate on the merits of either if possible.)
>>
Nvm I'm reading something from the Schopenhauer Cambridge Companion. Hope that'll do for now. Immanuel will have to wait
>>
File: 350315.jpg (71KB, 786x431px) Image search: [Google]
350315.jpg
71KB, 786x431px
Do you think Schoppenhauer followers and Hegelians can ever be friends?
>>
>>9185111
I believe Schopenhauer lays out his interpretation of Kant somewhere in there, in his critique and attempt to "fix" Kant's system, so you might not even need to go outside of The World as Will. That's what Nietzsche did, anyway.
>>
File: Young Schopenhauer chewing gum.gif (2MB, 250x209px) Image search: [Google]
Young Schopenhauer chewing gum.gif
2MB, 250x209px
>>9185111
>>
>>9185111
Read the prolegomena if you just want the run down on Kant's philosophy
Roger Scruton's Very Short Introduction to Kant is also a good starting point
>>
Divide WWR vol 1 into four parts and summarize each.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.