[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Picked this up today. My first interaction with Nietzsche's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2017-03-03-20-47-57.png (468KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-03-20-47-57.png
468KB, 480x854px
Picked this up today. My first interaction with Nietzsche's work. How fucked am I?
>>
Very.
>>
>>9184632
Fugg. Any reading you reccomend I do before I start this?
>>
>>9184660
human all too human
gay science
beyond good and evil
genealogy of morals
twilight of the idols
ecce homo

homer
sophocles
aeschylus
plato - republic, life and trial of socrates
new testament
>>
>>9184779
This. Not kidding.

You can stick to just Beyond and Antichrist if youre already familiarised with the Bible and youre intelligent enough.
>>
I recently finished my first Neetch book, the Birth of Tragedy. Made we want to read the Orestia and Antigone more than it made me want to read Nietzsche's later books.
>>
>>9184798
The Birth of Tragedy is not really Nietzsche. He's too young and he hasn't defined his style as a writer yet. Later works show you how much of a fucking genius he was.

Yeah, troll me /lit/. Wont give you (You)'s.
>>
>>9184798
read the rest of sophocles' theban plays, then read twilight if you really want to read a later work or follow this: >>9184779

but if you really want to do him right, do untimely meditations and proceed chronologically

>>9184793
gay science too, since just those two works would give you a pretty bleak view
>>
>>9184837
>Gay science too
Yeah, ok.
>>
>>9184660
Twilight of the Idols is an overview for many of Nietzsche's views and is the best place to start. Then move onto Beyond Good and Evil, which is Nietzsche saying in more philosophical language the points he makes in Zarathustra with poetic language.
>>
>>9184844
?
>>
>>9184860
I agree.
>Beyond
>Antichrist
>Gay Science
>Twilight

>Decent biblical knowledge
>Some idea of plato

>Decent intelligence (prerequisite)

>Jump in!
>>
>>9184865
ah ok thought you were making a gay joke
>>
I read Zarathustra first and only after did I read Nietzsche's other stuff. It's fine, imo.
>>
>>9184891
you prolly missed a lot t b h
>>
>>9184897
You get the full picture anyway after you read everything, so why does the order matter?
>>
>>9184917
there are play on words using references from his other books that give you more of an in-depth handle than a mere "full-picture."

all im sayin is you should reread it
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.