[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is /swtg/ really necessary? Where do you go when you've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: swtg2.jpg (1MB, 3672x3024px)
swtg2.jpg
1MB, 3672x3024px
Is /swtg/ really necessary? Where do you go when you've finished up with the greeks and continued with the Romans? Does the bible come after? And after that?

Does reading really need to be chronological?
>>
It doesn't need to be, but beneficial to extract as much as possible from every work instead of going back and forth. Purely saving time.
>>
I'm going to quote my English professor here because its relevant:

>The order in which you receive information changes how you view things.

If you started from the contemporaries and feminist literature and then read the Bible, you would hate the Bible because its sexist/racist etc. Likewise if you started with the Bible and worked forward you would see feminism as the story of Lot, Sodom and Gomorrah.
>>
>>9184102
ok what I think I might do is read all the stuff that's interesting to me now and then do a minor in classics or something like that and then build my base from there, maybe rereading the things I feel worth it
>>
>>9184094
>Does the bible come after?
Plutarch, Aesop, Lucian, and then the Bible, yes.
>And after that?
Philo, Middle Platonists, Plotinus, Augustine, Nag Hammadi Scriptures, Corpus Hermeticum, Qur'an, 1001 Nights, Nibelungen Lied, Parzival, Yvain, Beowulf, El Cid, some secondary lit on the history of the Middle Ages and Christianity...

Then: http://sonic.net/~rteeter/grtbloom.html#aristo
>Does reading really need to be chronological?
Writers are not time travelers, yes.
>>
>>9184094
/swtg/ is beneficial only if your'e studying literature on an academic level.
Otherwise, your'e just getting memed hard and should just read whatever the fuck you want.
>>
>>9184094
It's not necessary. However, Edith Hamilton's Mythology (the first book in that pic) is a pretty good primer and small reference book. If you come across anything Greek or w/e in your novels/poetry, just look it up on Google or in a Greek mythology reference book. Nothing will be lost.
>>
>>9184105
Or you could think critically about the information you receive instead of hopping on the bandwagon of whatever you read first like the piece of garbage pseud you are :^)
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.