[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please explain the appeal. I tried reading it. The sentences

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: got.jpg (22KB, 261x400px) Image search: [Google]
got.jpg
22KB, 261x400px
Please explain the appeal.

I tried reading it. The sentences are so short and choppy, I've read fanfiction that was written better.

There doesn't feel to be any takeaway, it's like the Stephen King of fantasy, but without the interesting premises.

Literally, how did this get picked up for a television series, and why would anyone read this?
>>
>>9172974
I think Littlefinger and Varys are genuinely interesting characters, but honestly, yeah, the rest of it's a waste. I'd prefer just one very long novel about those two.
>>
>>9172974
No one faggot? go as r/books they like they shit no one here will defend except some faggy memesters that do it just to shitpost

>stephen king
oh my god you are serious
>>
>>9172974
ASoIaF is unironically better than shit-tier literature like Of Mice and Men and To Kill a Mocking Bird.

If you can't see the appeal you are literally autistic. It's like asking what the appeal of Fifty Shades is -- what do you think it is?
>>
>>9173402
I hated To Kill a Mockingbird so much that I almost wholeheartedly agree with this post.
>>
>>9172979
This is one of the series big problems. Shit characters like Bran and Sansa are given chapter upon chapter while interesting characters like little finger, stannis and the hound are pushed to the wayside.
>>
>>9172974

You'd have to have been into the books before the TV show did damage to the fanbase, really I hate how HBO's GOT has brought in the Harry Potter fanbase but I remember the discussions being a lot better and more civil before the first episode premiered.

All I really want to know now is what the Maesters end game is, is Varys allied with them, his full back story and what he and Little Finger's end game are and what is up with The Others.
>>
>>9172974
It's a TV show novelization, that then got corrupted even more with a even worse TV show.

It's cheap entertainment for people who actually get entertained by these types of stories. There is nothing to understand.
>>
>>9174954
>All I really want to know now is what the Maesters end game is, is Varys allied with them, his full back story and what he and Little Finger's end game are and what is up with The Others.

lmao gl with that. the fat bastard will die soon, and an HBO shill will finish off the books quickly with dany chapters.

i like ariana chapters though, and her big brown areolas on her big tits
>>
>>9172974
Lol, I remember the times when this was one of the most recommended fantasy series on lit, before it became mainstream. Why does 4chan assume that anything that gets popular is automatically shit?
>>
>>9172974
>Please explain the appeal.
RAPE

LOOK AT 50 SHADES HOW HARD CAN IT BE
>>
>>9175085
>I remember the times when this was one of the most recommended fantasy series on lit
But fantasy books in general were still a despised ghetto, right? I can't believe this place has changed -that- much.
>>
>>9172974

The first two books are fantastic. I don't know what the fuck you're on about.
>>
>>9172974
>DUDE I DON'T LIKE SOMETHING THAT'S POPULAR LMAO
>DUDE I'M SPECIAL LMAO
>DUDE I'M BETTER THAN LITERALLY EVERYONE ELSE LMAO
>>
>>9175085
4chan is the hivemind of counter counter-culture. the second something gets traction in counter-culture circles it's shit. there are some cool people but generally 4chan is a gathering of autistic special snowflakes who can't think for themselves and maintain that image by finding as many obscure and/or edgy entities to make themselves feel special.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.