[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Can't process the things I read Am I learning disabled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1485716923356.jpg (49KB, 775x837px) Image search: [Google]
1485716923356.jpg
49KB, 775x837px
>Can't process the things I read

Am I learning disabled or simply low iq?

It must be ever so lovely to be able to read and process all of those words with ease. Just skim over the pages. Reading must be a great luxury for those of you that have this gift.

;_;
>>
>>>/brainlet/
>>
>finally finish a book
>can't remember anything about it

f-fuck
>>
File: sadpepe.jpg (23KB, 385x385px) Image search: [Google]
sadpepe.jpg
23KB, 385x385px
>>9170923
I know that exact fucking feel bro.

What the hell is wrong with us?
>>
>read book
>accurately recall callback sentences and word usages while reading books
>can't remember character names after finishing book
idk famalam, but I'm not reading to memorize plots so it doesn't make a difference.
>>
>>9170923
>>9170715
Do not move on to the next sentence until you've comprehended the last one.

/thread.
>>
File: 1488318301120.jpg (30KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1488318301120.jpg
30KB, 557x605px
>tfw can read 100pgs/hr, full comprehension, can even quote certain memorable parts

It just takes time. Spend a few years reading seriously, and you'll get the hang of it
>>
>>9170923
>>9170981
Write down what you've read after every chapter, I do this for most of my books.

I have shit memory, most of the more intellectual posts I make on /lit/ are directly pulled from things I've written down.
>>
read more pleb. stop refreshing 4chan & reddit every 2 secs
>>
Every word you don't understand is something you should google.

Sounds like a waste of time but it will eventually speed up your reading, and your long-term comprehension.
>>
>>9171034
My girlfriend keeps bugging me, I can't sit down and read, fucking women I swear.
>>
https://smile.amazon.com/How-Read-Book-Intelligent-Touchstone/dp/0671212095/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488321198&sr=8-1&keywords=how+to+read+a+book

there you go
>>
File: 1485664484038.webm (590KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1485664484038.webm
590KB, 480x320px
>>9171028
I'm genuinely considering this.

>>9171038
It has nothing to do with not understanding words. I have a good vocabulary.
>>
>>9171038
I keep my phone on with a dictionary app ready to go. It's nice because not only do I get to learn a new word, but I also have to review the sentence and perhaps the whole passage to make sure I've understood it correctly.
>>
>>9171028
this. start a reading journal or some shit. write a summary of everything you've read at the end of the day + your thoughts on the material. give your writings a quick review before you begin reading the following day.
>>
>>9170723
you have low iq like me. i cant express myself verbally or by writing, cant imagine abstract concepts, cant remember shit, no math or logic skills.

i read a ton to hide how fucking stupid i am but that only goes so far
>>
>>9170715
are you white?

if yes, you are probably just dyslexic. (there is still the chance you might be low iq tho)

if not, it is very likely you have sub 90 iq.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.