[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /lit/, I've recently been getting my girlfriend into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1483425230288.gif (620KB, 709x709px) Image search: [Google]
1483425230288.gif
620KB, 709x709px
Sup /lit/, I've recently been getting my girlfriend into reading and gave her siddhartha, which she didn't enjoy. Now she is reading game of thrones, and got hooked. She asked for more recommendations, said she enjoyed Jodi Piccold and Dan Brown - the commercial options most of us read at some point or other. Obviously, she isn't patrician, but what other easy reads would you suggest for her to read? She wants to gradually build up to harder reads.
>>
Maupin's Tales of the city, again. I don't understand why this isn't rec'd all the time. It's a perfect mix - very easy to read, several volumes, fun, romance, sex, crime, 1980's, it's a bit like watching some series but still genuine literature.
>>
>>9170411
Dump her, she's a pleb.
>Game of thrones
>Dan brown
Confirmed for never making it. Schoppy was right.
>>
>>9170411
You are wasting your time trying to educate that slut.
Dump her.
>>
>>9170481
>Maupin's Tales of the city
Thanks man, seems like a decent suggestion.
>>9170529
>>9170538
Nah, she's a pretty decent girl. Anything but a slut. And nobody ever exposed her to more?
>>
>>9170411
See if she likes alex kleeman. Fairly intellectual contemporary female writer. BEE is always good fun too
>>
>>9170411

Just dump her and try to find a patrician one. The amount of time you spend thinking about books for her isn't worth.
>>
>>9170411
>and gave her siddhartha

faggot

Give her Franny and Zoey, you fucking pleb.
>>
>>9170529
No, this isn't right at all. It's already a plus since she reads at all. Since we already have examples (Jodi P/Dan Brown) we can just bump her up slowly. It's actually wonderful, like having a pokemon.
>>9170794
No, it's best to give her similar, incrementally higher quality work.
>>
>>9170411

Wtf are you doing! Why didn't she start with the greeks?
>>
And what would you recommend to a girl who enjoyed Siddhartha?
>>
>>9170855
Are you unfamiliar with the lit wiki?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.