[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wtf how did I just fall in love with a heroin addicted degenerate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1460331157854.png (1MB, 856x894px) Image search: [Google]
1460331157854.png
1MB, 856x894px
wtf how did I just fall in love with a heroin addicted degenerate poet hipster? can we discuss the character Esme from the recognitions. what the fuck was her deal. she was so sweet and timid.
>>
I'm yet to read the recognitions but it really is a good book
>>
>>9169798
:)
>>
>>9169802
: - )
>>
There is a good essay in Moore's book William Gaddis that explains Esme's allure. She's a combination of the two reductive female stereotypes, the madonna and the whore, that pop up time and time again. Looking at her you can see both the slut and the mother. Probably the best female character ever written.
>>
>>9169827
oh man could you hook me up with that essay. yeah she was great.
>>
File: esme.jpg (1MB, 2760x1216px) Image search: [Google]
esme.jpg
1MB, 2760x1216px
>>9170007
Sorry for bad quality. MS paint and had to scan with my phone so I hope it's readable. It's part of a larger chapter that does these little critiques of all the characters. For all you Gaddis scholars:

Moore, Steve. William Gaddis: Expanded Edition. Bloomsbury, London. 2015. Print.
>>
>>9169771
esme was disgusting. i still haven't read a book with a woman i loved or could love.
>>
I don't know, she seemed kind of retarded.

How about that Agnes though? She was blond, right? Something about her self-aware hollowness and two-dimensionality struck a nerve in me. I can feel it resonate... Like a Marilyn Monroe redux in the flesh. Downtown New York, somewhere in her mid-thirties and at the end of her leash clawing at one last chance of finding someone to sink her teeth into. Desperate, and slightly frantic. Someone to hold on to? Me. It's tragic, I guess I'm totally into that sort of thing. And maybe, she's looking for someone like me to save her. Perhaps we'd find a hideout somewhere in the metropolis and spend our days together, withering away luxuriously suffering - and then call it a happy ending in the epilogue. That would be nice right?

Of course it would be
>>
>>9170232
Why does she keep talking about playing telephone with her tits? What does it even mean?
>>
>>9170249
Who cares, She's obviously lonely and getting old. I just want to live meaninglessly with her!
>>
>>9170249
You know how back in the day they had the telephone you put one end to your mouth and one to your ear? I believe the phrase in question implies that she is speaking into one nippe, and sticking the other nipple in her ear. Or tracing her finger around her areola, like the rotary phones.
>>
>>9170774
lol
>>
File: e20.png (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
e20.png
13KB, 400x400px
do you think listening to the audio book of infinite jest would be a good way to start with dfw or should I get the book? I got the audio files for free with audible.
>>
File: 2EeJ2Df.png (83KB, 291x343px) Image search: [Google]
2EeJ2Df.png
83KB, 291x343px
>that scene where Big Anna is crying asking everyone to be nice
>>
>>9172614
what scene is that
>>
>>9172637
I think it's the Christmas party
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.