[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is writing so stressful? All I wanted to do was write a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 2d54e7f737e0e30b71de77e7866ec9e9.jpg (177KB, 1345x750px) Image search: [Google]
2d54e7f737e0e30b71de77e7866ec9e9.jpg
177KB, 1345x750px
why is writing so stressful?

All I wanted to do was write a stupid short story, but before I knew it the thing had ballooned into a novella. Then I started getting bad criticism so I spent months making no progress in the plot, instead revising it over and over.

Just when I finally started making progress again, I got another shitty review that hit harder than any other. After a few weeks of focus I'm coming to the conclusion that I might need to re-write the entire story to tear out a skeleton that's rotten with cringe, and I'm only about 13-15k words in.

It's been six months
>>
It sounds like you're too concerned with the quality to make any progress, anon. You're only going to get better if you actually finish a project and move onto the next one.
>>
>>9168004
Post the first page
>>
>>9167675
1st draft - you write purely for YOURSELF. [NEVER share it with ANYONE until you have written "THE END" after finishing your piece.]
2nd draft - you edit the 1st draft to share with your BEST FRIEND.
3rd draft - you edit the 2nd draft, using your best friend's opinions, to share with your OTHER GOOD FRIENDS.
4th draft - you edit the 3rd draft, using your other friends' opinions, to send it to your EDITOR.
5th draft - you edit the 4th draft, using your editor's opinions to make it publish worthy.
>>
>>9167675
because youre putting a piece of yourself out there, and allowing it to be freely judged.
>>
seems like you're trying to write by committee which is an awful idea
>>
File: ueland.jpg (30KB, 326x500px) Image search: [Google]
ueland.jpg
30KB, 326x500px
read this book
>>
>>9168051
>brenda

dropped
>>
>>9167675

So, did you ever stop to consider what exactly caused those bad reviews, what really was the thing those people didn't like? Also, why did you start sharing it before it was even completed or edited? Did you write it just to get praised, or did you actually have something to say?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.