[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's assume I have a silly dream. Let's assume I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: La_Divine_Comédie_lEnfer.jpg (78KB, 550x356px) Image search: [Google]
La_Divine_Comédie_lEnfer.jpg
78KB, 550x356px
Let's assume I have a silly dream. Let's assume I want to learn by heart one million of the best verse ever written in human history. Which poems would I have to pick ? I this formulation suits you more, which are the best pieces of poetry according to you ? I know it is a matter of taste, but some work are definitely considered more achieved and more important than most by most of the world. My list already includes:
-The Illiad and the Odyssey
-The Ramayana and the Mahabharata
-The Divine Comedy and Paradise Lost
-Beowulf and le Roman de la Rose
Would you add anything to this list, /lit/ ? A Chinese poem maybe ? Most poems on the list above are epics, because they tend to be long and old and as such more influential, but I'm not against other forms of poetry.
>>
>>9165633
Alexander Pope's 'Essay of Man.'
>>
The Poems of Jesus Christ. It's an actual book.
>>
>not becoming a seanchai
>>
Since you're naming them in pairs, I would add the Orlando Furioso by Ariosto and Jerusalem Deliveres by Tasso.

Don't know much about China and Japan, sorry.
>>
>>9165763
*Delivered
>>
classic of poetry for china
>>
Unless you actually plan to remember all these in their original languages, it's a gayass dream
>>
Faust

The Four Quartets
>>
>>9165794
give me names pls
>>
>>9165633
Well it would be pointless to memorize a translation so half of those are realistically out
>>
>>9165957
>Let's assume I have a silly dream.
>Let's assume
>Let's
>assume
Learn to read m8.
>>
>>9165929
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classic_of_Poetry
>>
File: b-b-b-b-borges.jpg (128KB, 434x650px) Image search: [Google]
b-b-b-b-borges.jpg
128KB, 434x650px
>>9165957
This is one of my dreams. I will probably never make it real, but just learning one or two of those languages would be worth it. I can also resort to the basic method of learning verses in a language I can vaguely pronounce but I don't understand, like Borges with finnish and romanian.
>>
>>9165970
Thanks.
>>
>>9165771
*conquered
>>
Keats' great odes
>>
>>9167689
Yeah, I don't think so.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.