[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I ignored books my entire life because I've always been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1487919510645.jpg (28KB, 320x427px) Image search: [Google]
1487919510645.jpg
28KB, 320x427px
I ignored books my entire life because I've always been forced to read books I simply don't enjoy.

I couldn't give less of a shit about classics like Catcher in the Rye and Tom Sawyer. I had to force myself to finish them.

A few years ago someone introduced me to PKD and after reading a few of his novels I realized that my indifference towards reading was based on me being fed books I didn't care about. Since then I've gone through a couple dozen books, most of them old-school nebula award winners

Am I in the wrong? Should I force myself through some other old school classics?
>>
>>9163918
Start reading with what interests you, I would be surprised if after a long time you wouldn't be interested in understanding and appreciating the themes in classics like Catcher in the Rye in their own rights.
>>
>>9163918
>Am I in the wrong?

of course, dumb nigga
>>
>>9163922
This guy has the right idea. If you have to force yourself through a book, you're likely to miss the themes/ideas that make it a classic. Those books aren't going anywhere. Get to them when you actually want to.
>>
File: plebbit ethos.png (12KB, 1449x114px) Image search: [Google]
plebbit ethos.png
12KB, 1449x114px
>>9163918
fucking tourists
>>
File: 152.jpg (77KB, 728x640px) Image search: [Google]
152.jpg
77KB, 728x640px
>>9163918

>classics like Catcher in the Rye and Tom Sawyer
>>
>>9163918
Are you a boy or a girl?
>>
>>9163918
Marry me!
>>
>>9163918
Fuck the haters for saying you don't read """patrician"""" enough literature, just read what you like that activates your almonds, reading anything is better than nothing. I used to hate "classics" too but you'd be surprised how broad of topics/themes/styles classics can cover, you'll find something you like or learn to appreciate the stuff you didn't always like, I know I was like that.
>>
>eggman
quit r9k a while ago, what has he been up to lately?
>>
>>9165072
he took the black pill
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.