[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anons, maybe you don't feel this way at all, but quite often

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1387311920169.jpg (35KB, 480x335px) Image search: [Google]
1387311920169.jpg
35KB, 480x335px
Anons, maybe you don't feel this way at all, but quite often I get obsessed with certain figures like writers, artists, philosophers, film directors and so on. I read a bunch of works from the same person, watch interviews, get to know their biography, their position. Then, as it always happen, I find an unforgivable flaw, something that, at least for the time being, I completely disagree or can't get around. I twist and turn myself to think it is something misunderstood, that the words mean something different, or that I'm missing part of the context.

How do you handle something like that, if you even feel this sort of feeling.

It doesn't matter exactly what is the opinion or position, could be a feminist reading a sexist line from her favourite writer, or a nazi symphatizer learning his favourite movie director is a leftist, or it could simply be something like learning the person defended some idiotic thing in a certain time, or learning some biographical trivia like the guy never left his home town or committed suicide (assuming you don't aproove of those). Have you ever been dissapointed in that sense? Do you idolize writers in that way?
>>
>>9162652
I used to, it's general bardolatry and nonage though. For instance, Roman Polanski is not Chinatown. However repugnant the man may be, I enjoy his films, and that is what actually matters. If you idolize the person, you won't really appreciate their art for the art (painting, film, text, collage) itself.
>>
generation '68 should die
>>
grow up op
>>
>>9162652
No person's life will ever be your life and no person's ideology will ever be your ideology.

You need to understand how ideas fit together so you can create a synthesis of all the ideologies and thoughts that resonated with you and establish a personal philosophy of your own. That's the only way you will ever make true improvement to yourself.
>>
File: Stryker.gif (91KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
Stryker.gif
91KB, 300x375px
Stryker IS a policeman. Is Mortal Kombat the superior philosophy of praxis?
>>
I know how that feels. I admire movie directors, most of all. I go through really obsessive moments of admiration for some people, then it fades away, mostly when I get a new person to admire. They are not even the directors of my favourite movies or something, it's more about them as people, their life story, I don't know. Some of them are Stanley Kubrick, Werner Herzog, Alejandro Jodorowsky, Jan Svankmajer, Orson Welles.
>>
>>9162652
I idolize Trump and haven't found a single flaw of his. He's a winner. He does what it takes to win when it counts, and he does. Everything about him is forgivable except losing.
>>
>>9163073
>uses a gun in a martial arts tournament
what branch of philosophy is this
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.