[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Fitzgerald and Hemingway? I just got done with The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 10:10.png (504KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
10:10.png
504KB, 640x480px
Thoughts on Fitzgerald and Hemingway? I just got done with The Sun Also Rises and Tender is the Night and really enjoyed both more then their more popular works.
>>
>>9160836
They're both hacks
>>
Fitzgerald is based.

I've read the old man and the sea, and it was pretty good. I also read for whom the bell tolls, and it was absolutely disgraceful. Waste of time.
>>
The Sun Also Rises and Tender is the Night are both considered masterpieces.
>>
>>9160946
you didnt even answer the question. Do you just get your opinion from what everyone else thinks
>>
The Sun Also Rises is the worst book I've ever read.
>>
>>9160968
I'm just saying it's no mystery you enjoyed them.
>>
>>9160971
I see im not trying to act like it was I was just wanted to see other peoples opinions
>>
I just finished For Whom the Bell Tolls and a while ago I read A Farewell to Arms. New to /lit/ and I'm trying to read more so don't smite me too hard if this is retarded.

Both of these novels end in a pretty shitty fashion for the protagonist, and I really wanted everything to turn out well for them. If they had a "happy ending" would I really give a shit though, weeks and months and years later? What is it about tragedy that makes us connect more to characters?
>>
>>9161363

to answer that you should start with the greeks since they invented tragedy

and that's hemingway for you, his biography would read the same
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.