[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why should I care about philosophy when all axioms are chosen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: download (1).jpg (8KB, 233x216px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
8KB, 233x216px
Why should I care about philosophy when all axioms are chosen arbitrarily?

Why should I care about someone's unfalsifiabile system?

Why is there a constant war on personal taste? Why can't we just admit that corporations want to sell us shit and that pseudo intellectuals band together to feign intelligence?

Why am I able to see the utter triviality of everything said by Aristotle, Plato, Nietzche, Zizek, and many others, yet other people cannot?
>>
>>9160804
take the redpill, stupid cuck
>>
The very definition of Plato's philosophy is that it is objective. There are few who disagree with his precepts.
>>
>Nietzche

n-i-e-t-z-S-c-h-e.

I think you're so good at seeing that triviality that you can't see it in your own posts.

Although I agree with your 3'rd point. 4chan just shits on stuff for the sake of being "shocking" and "counter-culture". What a bunch of fucking losers.
>>
File: patrician2.jpg (50KB, 836x874px) Image search: [Google]
patrician2.jpg
50KB, 836x874px
>>9160899
I disagree with them, in the sense that I think it's fucking idiotic to say that my dick and balls' true form is an equilateral triangle that my eyes are too human to ascertain.

The like for trees, birds, bodies of water, etc.

You could probably find quite a few other people who disagree with Plato's precepts.
>>
>>9160804

>why should I care about philosophy when all axioms are chosen arbitrarily

I don't think "arbitrarily" is accurate here. Axioms are *unjustified* in the rigorous logical sense, but that doesn't mean they are arbitrary.

>why should I care about someone's unfalsifiable system?

Some philosophers probably went into a little too much detail and tried to answer too many questions at once with their systems, BUT, it's possible that you're looking at these works the wrong way. You don't have to take up a given philosopher's whole system to benefit from reading and understanding their work

I also don't think "unfalsifiable" is a fair objection to a lot of philosophy. A lot of philosophy concerns falsifiability itself. Philosophy is often not about making claims and more about exploring the nature of claims, truths, verification, and other topics that would seem relevant to somebody who cares a lot about theories being falsifiable

I agree about personal taste, I dislike the way /lit/ treats the matter

You could be a very successful philosopher and make some good money doing guest lectures and writing in philosophical journals if you can figure out how to explain to other people exactly what makes Aristotle, Plato, and Nietzsche, etc so trivial in your opinion
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.