[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I steal this? I'm don't usually agree with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: redbook0_thumb[1].png (348KB, 424x597px) Image search: [Google]
redbook0_thumb[1].png
348KB, 424x597px
Should I steal this?

I'm don't usually agree with stealing, but for fuck's sake.

Why is it so expensive?
>>
You're lucky you can find it physically near you. Steal me one too, will you?
>>
>>9157440
isn't this his schizo book?
jung doesn't deserve to be read in book format, he's basically an intellectual new-age guru albeit one of the better ones.
>>
>>9157510
>the psychologist responsible for the foundation of everything we know about psychology in the modern world is an "intellectual new-age guru"
>>
Are you the anon who was begging for a digital copy of it on 55? Just go to a library or read it in English.
>>
Literally just google "the red book pdf" and you will find a link for a complete version of the book, with illustrations and english translation, for free
>>
>>9157551
No
>>9157557
The resolution is shit. This book doesn't deserve that resolution. The book is very large for a reason.

>>9157502
Yes. Apparently a library in my country has it in all its stores. If it's unsealed then I'll just read it there and come back every day? If not maybe I'll fucking steal it who knows. For me it's a horrible thing to do but there's no way I'm paying that much for a book. At least not now anyway.
>>
>>9157539
psych is a cult although relatively debatably benign and no he's not the only member but yes most of them are intellectual new-age gurus and he's just one of the better ones.
>>
>>9157638
Then fucking don't read it you piece of trash. Yes, people read rare books in libraries. If you deny other people that access because you're poor/cheap/lazy, you are lower than garbage and shouldn't pretend to value literature in any way. I guarantee there are better books to read anyway
>>
>>9157651
Your falsifiability has no power here STEM wizard.
>>
>>9157638

>library
>store
>>
The Reader's Edition is only like $15.

You don't need to non-Reader's edition unless you want to study the original German text and care about the images.
>>
>>9158844
If you don't care about the images, don't get the book.
>>
>>9158848
I've already got the $200 facsimile edition though, there's a massive disconnect with the English translation and the original typesetting and art.
>>
>>9157638
Library books belong to everyone, just check it out you filthy mongrel. there is no reason you need a fucking fag book enough to steal it from a public goddamn library.
>>
>>9157440
Well, the publisher usually publishes textbooks so you can be sure that the price is both fair (because the book is probably printed in good quality), and they're the only ones who seem to have it so they can jack up the price accordingly.
You sound like an entitled moron, to be honest. If you really want the German version so badly, just save up and buy it. It doesn't seem like it'll be sold out in the meantime. Since it is a textbook publisher, though, you might wait a couple years and maybe they will release a second edition which will make this one more affordable (but I assume you're the type of person to immediately want the newest edition). Really, don't steal the public's books, you should go in every day and carefully study with a notebook next to you.

Other than that, my curiosity to see what this thread was about has led me to figure out who C.G. Jung is! I am totally amazed, this guy was fucking brilliant and I've never read anything of his, or been spoken to about him. The closest I've been is reading some Hesse. So... Thanks for that, I guess, I'll be ordering the Reader's Edition as soon as I get my next paycheck.
>>
>>9158820
I'm sorry I meant book store.
>>9157901
You need a long soft hug.
>>
>>9158844
Well I can speak german, of course I care about the pictures this man spent a lot of time creating them so I think they're worthy of admiring or analizing. And there isn't any reader's edition where I'm from.
>>
>>9158883
I meant book store. The word library in my mother tongue litteraly means book store. I'm sorry for mistaking the two. Not a public library. The book is most likely sealed and will be left at that unless I buy it or steal it.
>>
>>9159352
Hey. No problem. I had the same thought when I discovered this thread a few days ago. >>9140459

I just ordered some books by him. Can't wait to read them.

And I meant book store not library and there is only one book edition where I'm from and I also speak german so I do care for the writing. Well I'll read his other books first and then I'll probably read this in the book store and if I consider it to be too important to be read in a book store then I'll save up and fucking buy it, or maybe I'll just steal it
>>
>>9159352
By the way what do you mean by the closest you've been is reading somw hesse. What hesse books are about psychology or occultism or dreams. Or in what way are they close to cg jung?
>>
>>9159396
Well, I'm just learning about this myself. But there's a connection between them. Hesse really admired Jung. I don't know if I can post the link here so just google 'Steppenwolf and Abraxas – Hermann Hesse and C.G. Jung revisited' it's just a blog post, but it's interesting.
>>
>>9157440
Diogenes said stealing is fine because 'everything belongs to the wise' so...
>>
>>9157440
sure man, do whatever

kill a cop, suck a dick, go nuts
>>
>>9159430
Eat ass, suck a dick, sell drugs.
>>
Update: apparently where I'm from nobody really buys this book so it's had a discount plus there are voucher codes so in the end the book becomes half its original price, so I'll just save up and buy the book.
>>
>>9157440
Don't let ethics get in the way of becoming knowledgeable. Jung is dust now anyway.
>>
>>9159433
don't be gross
>>
>>9159552
Publishing The Red Book was a massive risk for all parties involved, If it doesn't sell well they aren't going to continue publishing other works by Jung and Norton are already publishing less and less niche and academic stuff.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.