[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is studying anglo-analytics at university and reading continentals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: hegel.jpg (32KB, 276x361px) Image search: [Google]
hegel.jpg
32KB, 276x361px
Is studying anglo-analytics at university and reading continentals at home the true patrician approach?
>>
>>9156106
>studying analytics

kek

kek

KEK

what's it like being a virgen?
>>
It's a McDonald's employee of the month approach.
>>
>>9156106

The Anglo-Saxon is useless at philosophy.

Nietzsche knew this over a century ago.
>>
>>9156114
Most people don't seem to have any idea of the state of analytic philosophy post-1950. It's not some empiricist dream anymore, there's been a shift towards pragmatism, essentialist metaphysics, revival of virtue ethics and possibly anti-foundationalism on the on the horizon. Read Quine's Two Dogmas
>>
File: 1484675010872.png (337KB, 1144x888px) Image search: [Google]
1484675010872.png
337KB, 1144x888px
>>9156106
>>
>>9156136
Don't forget object oriented ontology, and the resurgence of Deleuzian metaphysics.
>>
File: bob-author-photo.jpg (18KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
bob-author-photo.jpg
18KB, 300x400px
>>9156106
monthly reminder that analytic Hegelians are currently solving philosophy as we speak
>>
Spending time with friends and family is the true red pill
>>
>>9156389
>implying Brandom makes any kind of sense at all
>>
>>9156387
That's continental philosophy
>>
>>9156387
>Deleuze
>analytical
This is the kind of retards that anglo-memery produces.
>>
>>9156136

Otherfag here. I just tried to read "What is it like to be a bat ?" by Thomas Nagel because it was the main recommendation from some people who are into analytic philosophy. Now I can't stand that kind of bullshit (it brings absolutely nothing new). Was it a bas rec ? What else would be better ? I may try Quine.
I heard David Chalmers was interesting too but judging from wikipedia and youtube, I don't see anything appealing.
>>
>>9156106
just study math
>>
>>9157166
>was it a bas rec ?
>bad

Btw, just found some stuff on Quine and he seems less autistic indeed than mlany others.
>>
>>9157166
that's not really real analytic philosophy.
>>
>>9156136
the revival of pre-critical metaphysics is the worst thing to happen to analytic philosophy
fuck lewis and kripke
poor quine - do the sins of the son pass to the father?
>>
>>9157166
Rorty
>>
>>9157166
Quine is the GOAT
read the collection Ontological Relativity and Other Essays for a great succinct expression of his philosophy
>>
>>9156392
Unironically true but it's not like you can't do this while maintaining an interest in philosophy
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.