[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>trying to read 10 pages of The Iliad >struggle to finish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

>trying to read 10 pages of The Iliad
>struggle to finish 5 in one hour

How the fuck do you guys do this?
>>
>>9155901
hope youre not reading that edition, its abridged
>>
>>9155901
subvocalizing is a meme here but you really should try it with verse.
>>
>>9155901

Maybe you're just not interested in the book?

When I first read the Iliad I was reading two or three books every hour. Maybe its a shitty edition?
>>
>>9155916
"shorten (a book, film, speech, etc.) without losing the sense." If it hasn't lost the sense what is the problem?

>>9155917
I know how to read. It's just why the fuck do I care that some guy is angry and there's a plague. There's been no build up to the action homer just chucked it straight into the start like a fucking michael bay film
>>
>>9155901
>How the fuck do you guys do this?
Simple: I don't.
That shit bored me to tears, so I stopped reading it. Call me a pleb, but there's no point in forcing yourself to read something you don't enjoy on some level just because it's muh canon.
>>
>>9155933
>"shorten (a book, film, speech, etc.) without losing the sense." If it hasn't lost the sense what is the problem?

Then the images of the author are lost or warped, dumdum.
>>
>>9155946
Yeah, so? Never heard of death of the author?
>>
>>9155956
ever heard of freshman literary theories?
>>
>>9155925
>reading two or three books every hour.

/lit/ - lying general
>>
>>9155960
Seeing as I have a bachelors in eng lit I assume I fucking would. I'm done replying to you.
>>
File: 1426899481006.jpg (80KB, 365x720px) Image search: [Google]
1426899481006.jpg
80KB, 365x720px
>>9155933

then dont read it. how is this hard for you? youre struggling to read it and i told you what helps me when i read verse. i dont know how else to hold your hand through this process.
>>
>>9155967

Im not the guy you replied to, but I do hope you were baiting there bruv
>>
>>9155964

the iliad's books vary in length. two books an hour is not that hard, at least in the fagles translation.
>>
>>9155967
why did you reply to my obvious bait in the first place?
>>
>>9156002
Why did you reply to mine? ;)
>>
>>9156012
just to see if you're really done replying to me. but you're too autistic not too.
>>
>>9156019
Still replying?
>>
>>9155967
>bachelors in eng lit
>is fine with abridged versions

fucking poser
>>
>>9155933
You seriously had to look up abridged?
The book is only 400 pages long.
Read it and pass high school already.
>>
File: qvHQ8Pz.jpg (187KB, 902x789px) Image search: [Google]
qvHQ8Pz.jpg
187KB, 902x789px
>>9155964
>I've never read the Iliad
>>
>>9156054
no
>>
>>9155967
>Claims bachelors degree
>Assumes death of the author to be the only way of reading books
>>
>>9155933
>"shorten (a book, film, speech, etc.) without losing the sense." If it hasn't lost the sense what is the problem?
Just read the synopsis on Wikipedia
>>
>>9155956

Off yourself pleb.
>>
File: abookaday.jpg (88KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
abookaday.jpg
88KB, 1920x1080px
>>9155933
I read an abridged book a day

hbu?
https://youtu.be/texFmDIBeS4?t=3m
>>
The Iliad is boring. Homer reuses the same two or three metaphors and death scenarios endlessly. The descriptive language is also painfully recycled.

Worst poetry I've ever read desu
>>
Reading the first page of the Illiad took me like 15-20 min, not joking,but after a 100-150 pages or so it get's easy when you get used to the style. Hang in there.
>>
>>9155901

kys
>>
I read the w h d rouse Iliad when I was like 12 and tore through it and understood damn near everything
What is this thread
>>
>>9155933

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_medias_res
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.