[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are books dead guys? i feel like most people who read books nowadays

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

are books dead guys? i feel like most people who read books nowadays are edgy female tweens going through their hormonal stage looking for something to validate their absence of friends. is the age of reading a book not only for the content of the story, but also for the beauty of the prose, over? the books getting pumped out nowadays are all YA, and i dont really consider those books.
>>
>>9155104
In a way, yes. The average person can be entertained so much more readily in a myriad of ways, why bother with the effort of reading (seriously, this is how they think, even if they can't articulate it)
>>
>>9155104
shit's BEEN dead homie
>>
I don't think reading is properly taught. As I recall, we were taught the basic bitch stuff such at reading metaphors and crap like that, but never actually how to enjoy a work of literature. It's hard to explain.

Secondly I'm sure there are many great books being published right now, the problem is that there's such a vast amount of books being released that it makes it harder to find a good one. Not to mention all the ones that get much publicity tend to be the sort that appeal to middle-aged women that think Harry Potter is the best.
>>
Compared to when? When Medieval monks were the only people who could read and write? The industrial era when 99% of people were illiterate factory and farm workers?
Victorians reading penny dreadfuls? Reading was never popular.
>>
File: 1435361342422.jpg (88KB, 634x892px) Image search: [Google]
1435361342422.jpg
88KB, 634x892px
>>9155141
>thinking factory workers were generally illiterate
>>
>>9155104
books never die, they only wait
>>
>>9155104
There's so much more to books than just novels. I'm reading like four poetry books right now and a few philosophy books. Those things will last for a lot longer. Poetry is one of the genres that actually benefits from being in print and same with philosophy because that shits super dry and needs to be put down and picked up all the time.
>>
File: bill_burr.png (130KB, 458x354px) Image search: [Google]
bill_burr.png
130KB, 458x354px
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.