[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recently started reading books. But I loose interest very fast.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: unread books.jpg (76KB, 1342x356px) Image search: [Google]
unread books.jpg
76KB, 1342x356px
Recently started reading books. But I loose interest very fast. It's necessary to finish the book?
>>
>>9154849
You can read short stories if novels are too long for you.
>>
It's not if you actually don't enjoy reading it, but if it's like that with every book over 100 pages then I think you need to make an effort. In general, though, it is not necessary to read stuff you don't like, just remember to challenge yourself from time to time.
>>
If you recently started reading, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you're probably either reading A) Crap, or B) Things which just do not interest you.

I don't think you'd have trouble finishing something you enjoyed a lot, unless it was extremely long, like Wealth of Nations.

Which genres interest you the most, so we can suggest some things for you.
>>
>>9154855
good ideea. short stories are like essays or resumes ?
>>9154863
I get hyped for a book, but then i loose interest after some days.
>>9154868
Right now i am reading Freud's life by Irving Stone. Don't really know what genre I like right now.
>>
you're fucking a woman. is it necessary to keep going until you nut?
>>
>>9155422
i never fucked a women so i don't get the analogy
>>
>>9154849
how the hell reads books at 90% then let's it go?
>>
>>9155457
When you're about to cum but she says Marcel Proust only writes for prose.
>>
>>9155447
the analogy is broken because the guy you replied to hasn't fucked a women wither.
>>
>>9154849
this is one of the central ironies of /lit/, condemning you if you don't finish a work, and but yet, the other day i see a thread talking about an unfinished work, and people ridiculing reading for plot. well which is it? if i leave a book unfinished, i'm taking what i wish, when you complain, you're just echoing the plotheads, and you are the same people who will assault anyone they can with
>lol he reads for plot
>>
>>9156835
REEEEEEEEEE
Proust even talks about writers who write only for prose!
>BERGOTTE WHY
>>
File: 555.jpg (15KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
555.jpg
15KB, 600x375px
>>9154849

> is it necessary to finish the book
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.