[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I vaguely remember a quote and I think it was by Schopenhauer.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

I vaguely remember a quote and I think it was by Schopenhauer.

It was talking about how every man is suffering so you should look upon every man with sympathy as company in misery or something.

Any pointers on the quote/author?
>>
ill tell if you give me the code
>>
>>9154585
>It was talking about how every man is suffering
nice projection copenhauer
>>
>>9154585
he expresses the "fellow sufferer" idea a lot
it's basically the centerpiece of his ethics
>>
I want to milk her
>>
>>9154585
"The correct standard for judging any man is to remember that he is really a being who should not exist at all, but who is atoning for his existence through many different forms of suffering and through death. What can we expect from such a being? We atone for our birth first by living and secondly by dying. This is also allegorized by original sin. Accordingly, we have to regulate our claims on the society of this world. Whoever keeps firmly to this point of view might call the social impulse a pernicious tendency. In fact, the conviction that the world, and thus also man, is something that really ought not to be is calculated to fill us with forbearance towards one another; for what can we expect from beings in such a predicament? In fact, from this point of view, it might occur to us that the really proper address between one man and another should be, instead of 'Sir', 'Monsieur', and so on, 'Leidensgefahrte', 'socii malorum', 'compagnon de miseres', 'my fellow sufferer'. However strange this may sound, it accords with the facts, puts the other man in the most correct light, and reminds of that the most necessary thing, tolerance, patience, forbearance, and love of one's neighbor, which everyone needs and each of us, therefore, owes to another."
>>
>>9156641
From "On the Suffering on the World" by Schopenhauer

Give me a book recommendation in return if you would be so kind
>>
>>9156543
I want her to milk me
>>
>>9154585
this picture makes me think St. Elliot was right
>>
>>9154585
Are you referring to the aphorism, "Be kind, for everyman is fighting a hard battle?"

Or perhaps that's the plebification of old Schopey's words.

Either way, he's about 2500 late with that revelation. Buddha beat him to it.
>>
>>9154585
somewhat true but also really an intellectualized cheap quote to give someone the excuse to fully empathize with everyone which is also a stupid thing to do. sounds like something schopy would ride.
>>
>>9156648
The Problem With Gravitational Time Dilation & Human Perception
>>
>>9156982
he explicitly borrowed from the vedic tradition
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.