[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if you had to give a dictator several points of advice in order

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

if you had to give a dictator several points of advice in order to best acquire or maintain their regime in the modern age, what would they be?
>>
>>9154148
dont be a bitch ass nigga
>>
File: AntonioCiseriEcceHomo.png (2MB, 1280x986px) Image search: [Google]
AntonioCiseriEcceHomo.png
2MB, 1280x986px
>>9154152

ok, maybe a better question is: what is the reading list you would give the aforementioned dictator?
>>
That's not ominous in the slightest.

Are you in charge of Trump's kindle?
>>
>>9154218
The Art of War committed to memory
>>
>>9154218
dont be a bitch ass nigga by me
my mother fucking diary, desu
>>
>>9154148
be a harsh critic of other dictators
>>
>>9154218
Mein Kampf
What Must Be Done
The Bible
>>
File: 1486042417113.jpg (550KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1486042417113.jpg
550KB, 3000x3000px
Limiting to the arbitrary number ten:

Republic
Nicomachean Ethics
Meditations
Enchiridion
Seneca, Letters
Montaigne, Essays
Tao Te Ching
Analects
Zhuangzhi
Letters of Napoleon

This is I guess a kind of a standard list I would give to any dictator, I guess. Maybe throw in a copy of the Larousse Gastronomique as well just to remind him of what all that dictating is for.
>>
File: 1486705570966.jpg (126KB, 960x804px) Image search: [Google]
1486705570966.jpg
126KB, 960x804px
HOW TO NOT INVADE RUSSIA FOR DUMMIES
BONUS: AFGHANISTAN FOR DUMMIES
>>
>>9154148

First, this:
>>9154229
>The Art of War committed to memory

Secondly, modernize your country from top to bottom. No matter how big and gaudy your presidential palace is, if the rest of the country is a poverty-stricken shitpile then you are vulnerable.

Last and most important: by hook or by crook, come hell or high water, GET THE BOMB. If you don't you WILL be rolled over and regime-changed, it's only a matter of time.
>>
File: kim.jpg (111KB, 600x685px) Image search: [Google]
kim.jpg
111KB, 600x685px
1: observe everything that Kim Jong Un does

2: do the exact opposite.
>>
>>9154218
Complete Plato
New Testament
>>
>>9154269

>letters of Napoleon

Definitely not this. He lied through his teeth and wasn't honest about his mistakes. I also disagree with all of that philosophy.

What he would need to read is history, particularlyof regimes and systems resembling his own, and learn from themistakes they made that led to their downfall.
>>
>>9154148
Plebiscites in the form of "free" elections and a happy press are really all thats needed.

Also do not place value on things that are not politically expedient, ie legislated based on your own feelings. Be scientific. Have an established "other" to turn problems away from you. Be administratively competent.

>>9154218
Pic related, its about a dictator that fucks up, and basically believes his own bullshit. Which btw is why Putin is so fucking good. He doesnt believe anything.
>>
-Keep the illusion of democracy

-Create a lawless/dangerous image of your country so high-profile killings are normal

-Kill opposition, figuratively and literally

-Pretend-fight against political killings

-Don't actively repress, just propogate discrimination towards the opposition (and people you don't like)

-Leave it to the people to deal with the unwanted portion of your society (LGBT, ethnic groups etc.).

-Keep the standard of living just high enough so people have something to lose besides their lives

The illusion of freedom and democracy keeps people content.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.