[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Japanese worth learning for a non-weeb? I've got so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Is Japanese worth learning for a non-weeb?

I've got so much free time after graduating I feel like I should be doing something somewhat productive with it.
>>
>>9153971
It's not worth learning unless are Japanese or look like them.
>>
>>9153971
>doing something somewhat productive with it.

Learning Japanese would be the least productive thing. Your skill would allow you to watch Anime with slightly better understanding and pick up ugly japanese girls in bars (if they even exist where you live).

Learn French, German, or Spanish. Latin, if you must. But stick to your own language group; you'll find it easier that way, and it will increase your understanding of English. French specifically is like a non-retarded version of your own language, and allows for deeper complexity.

German has several double-meanings and words that have no direct translation.

Spanish is practically useful if you live in America.
>>
>>9153971
Learn Chinese. I have a feeling it will be very important
>>
>>9153971
1. their literature is immense
2. language is extremely dependent on never quitting memorization exercises; if you fail to do them you can let several years of effort go to waste

2. is why i quit trying to learn it.
>>
>>9153971
I'm learning Korean. Writing system is easy as fuck but Japanese pronunciation is simpler. But there's no fucking way I'm going to learn thousands of intricate characters.

I live in Switzerland and to be honest most people in cities in Europe speak enough English.
>>
>>9153971
Do you pass for Japanese? Japan is a very racist country, and this drives the business value of being a foreign Japanese speaker down. You might scrape by as an underpaid English teacher, but they barely speak Japanese themselves.

Do something else. Learn something closer to your own native language.
>>
>>9153971
If you want to consume things in japanese or have a better experience if you go there it's worth it. If not it's not. Don't listen to autistic anti-weebs, and whatever you do don't listen to chinkboos
>>
>>9154910
pfft, like ANY Japanese company is going to hire a white-skinned native English speaker over a native Japanese man who speaks English.

OP, learn math. Or if you really are set on a language, Spanish. France and Italy are shitty allies and the US gov't doesn't enable much business with them.
>>
>>9154951
>Japanese man who speaks English.
this hardly exists
>>
>>9154953
citation needed
>>
>>9153971
how badly do you want to read how many japanese texts? I read mostly german, french and english texts so to me it would be a waste of time. However if you live and breath japanese literature you should go for it
>>
>>9154951
I did not mention working in Japan in my post you severely autistic piece of shit.
>>
I thought about it and started learning but honestly because of the Kanji system it's not worth it unless you want to get some advanced level knowledge and work as a translator.
You are much better off with learning any European language.
>>
>>9154964
you didn't provide a citation for your claim, either, you addle pated normie fuck
>>
>>9153971
That's a big cat.
>>
Yeah, I'm sure japanese is worth learning to understand the incredibly complex, deep, and subtle prose used in animus and videogames
>>
File: image.jpg (114KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114KB, 803x688px
>>9153996
>Learn French, German, or Spanish. Latin, if you must.
Not mentioning Italian
>>
>>9155084
Italian is latin for faggots with no interesting literature
>>
Don't learn Japanese unless you're a true Japanophile.

I'll give my reasons:

Japanese are very racist against you. Not all. But racism is very common in Japan.

It's an incredibly inefficient and silly language in need of modernisation. That's why the Japanese are rapidly inventing new words, written in katakana and hiragana rather than kanji. It takes them fucking forever even as kids to get to a fluent level of writing compared to people whose native language is western, or even other Asiatic languages. You will take much longer to learn to read Japanese than you would a language that mostly uses the Roman alphabet or another less pictorial alphabet.

If you want to learn an Asiatic language, Chinese will be more useful, even though its probably even harder to learn (its tonal, and has a similar writing system)
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.