[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I thoroughly enjoyed the silmarillion and think its better than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: Silmarillion.png (113KB, 220x320px) Image search: [Google]
Silmarillion.png
113KB, 220x320px
I thoroughly enjoyed the silmarillion and think its better than iliad/ odyssey/ metamorphosis/ aenead.

Question is a-am I pleb /lit/?
>>
>>9153166
That's like comparing anal sex to annal six.
>>
>>9153166
Try reading the old testament instead
>>
>>9153166
Yes
>>
>>9153166
try reading the Kalevala instead.
>>
>>9153166
Metamorphoses? really?
I'm having a hard time with that one
>>
>>9153166
Joke: Tolkien is better than Homer
Woke: Tolkien and Homer are both INFP and therefore natural born writers
>>
>>9153650
>nigger to nnigger
>>
No you're not, the silmarillion will get it's due regard in time.
>>
File: 1456758231873.gif (936KB, 245x190px) Image search: [Google]
1456758231873.gif
936KB, 245x190px
>>9153650
>>
File: IMG_20170113_192810.jpg (86KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170113_192810.jpg
86KB, 800x450px
>>9153970
> someone mentioned a MBTI personality type near me.
>>
File: gondolin.jpg (140KB, 837x554px) Image search: [Google]
gondolin.jpg
140KB, 837x554px
>>9153166

After reading this I experienced a profound existential crisis over the realization that the entirety of The Lord of The Rings, was nothing more than the sad, boring, and ultimately insignificant denouement of The Greatest Story Never Told.
>>
>>9154097

Ooooooo, someone's a J!~
>>
>>9153166
Of course.
>>
>>9153970
Even though many great writers are typed INFP, INFPs are not all natural born writers.

What actually happens is that those INFPs who have writing talent excel because of the common strengths all INFPs do share - a dominant preference for Introverted Feeling which lends itself naturally to a deep introspective understanding of one's own emotional states, and by extension via Extroverted Intuition, the emotional states of others.

Moreover, the connections between Introverted Feeling (Fi), Extroverted Intuition (Ne), Introverted Sensing (Si), and Introverted Thinking (Ti) pushes INFPs to search for universal principles which guide the internal world of feelings.

The Fi world is explored and fleshed-out through Ne, whose observations are then compared and logged into the Si catalogue of data, and, using this data, Ti deductively comes to conclusions about the Fi world - the Fi world within themselves, and others.

Fi, amplified here by its dominant position, naturally collects and creates an internal world of aesthetic preferences, all heavily connected to emotive states.

This is why INFPs can make such great writers, but does not necessitate that all INFP's can be great writers.
>>
File: 8u.jpg (116KB, 1131x707px) Image search: [Google]
8u.jpg
116KB, 1131x707px
Is the stand-alone novel as good as it was in the Silmarillion? I still haven't bothered to check it out despite it being one of my favorite stories.
>>
File: ML.jpg (22KB, 189x263px) Image search: [Google]
ML.jpg
22KB, 189x263px
>>9153959

I mean I liked The Kalevala, but The Silmarillion is much better imo. I'm sure I'll reread The Kalevala at some point in the distant future, but The Silmarillion is something I reread like every two years. It's not even a Tolkien thing where I do that with other books. The Silmarillion is just beautiful. He managed to combine so many great aspects of European fantasy and culture.
>>
>>9155656

The Children of Hurin? I read it like two years ago. It's okay. Christopher Tolkien tried to make the story of Turin into something 'normal people' would want to read - so people who would never get past the first chapater of The Silmarilliion because of how it's written.

It has a lot of extra things in it, even compared to Unfinished Tales version because of him being more leneint with his father's notes of what to put in or not, since he only did what he was almost absolutely sure his father was happy with in The Silmarillion or had to put it in to fill gaps.

Anyway, him changing the voice and character of the writing was a big draw off for me. It's still worth picking up and reading once to get some more character development and extended scenes per se. I don't think I'd read it again though.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.