[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What books have you particularly enjoyed on writing/theory/fiction?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 20170224_094720.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170224_094720.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
What books have you particularly enjoyed on writing/theory/fiction? These are what I've read and I definitely learned a lot outside of what I've read in fiction.
>>
I'm not looking for recs, just interested in what other people have found compelling.
>>
I believe that books on writing are useless shit, feel free to prove me wrong by posting something you wrote here.
>>
>>9151241
These are books I've read for school, two grad and two upper level fiction courses. I'd highly recommend Eagleton and the bottom, they're wonderful introductions to theory. The middle is a good warm up for those. And if you haven't read Elements of style you're missing out.
>>
>>9151241
And as requested, excerpt of a letter to POTUS I mailed today:
>There are many cruel words, and off the top of my head, 'fag' seems quite fitting for you, but I balk on the word out of respect to cigarettes. While those little death sticks have been responsible for the plight of millions, unlike the painful degradation the comes with your association with life, the instant gratification resultant from smoking by the user is at least eventually graced with the mercy of death. If only it were as easy to demonstrate the cultural and ethical damage, intellectual genocide, and rape of discourse that you have so expendiently carried out, as it is to show the effects of smoking on the human body.
>The true depth of your mental laceration is so great that, were it to exist on the ocean floor and not in your painfully leaded psyche, I fear the mantle would swallow us all. There is no taxation of the human soul, I don't believe, but you come very close. I have wished ill fate unto many a person, but I fear no inordinante punishment, nor barbaric torture could in any way amount to what I think you deserve. You are not only a stain on the collective human spirit, you are without a doubt, the biggest douche to ever be forced onto humankind.
>I dare say that even a successful suicide attempt, would by association to you, be an insult to all those who have struggled with those thoughts, as if you took a dump (read: Trump) on Death herself. I suppose your only chance of redemption is to admit how much of a simple, bumbling idiot you really are, but since that is pure fantasy, I ask only that you leave the world standing. Just one leg will do, we can handle the rest. Thank you so much for your time. To reiterate, it is such a privilege to be able to correspond with the president of the United States of America, but what an absolute travesty it is that such penned beauty must to be read by (or at the very least intended for) you, Mr. President. Such is the horror of reactionary art. I hope to hear from you soon!
>>
>>9151326
Despicable. I'm no die-hard Trump fan either, but you have no class.
>>
>>9151369
Excellent criticism! I can tell by your PhD in fiction theory and published stories, novels, poetry and plays that are truly the expert writer of this image board!
>>
>>9151387
Kek.
Cant take criticism, kiddo? Your rage is showing.
>>
>>9151401
It must be pitiful to enjoy something as much as you losers yet be so terrified of actually trying to do it.
>>
>>9151412
>assumptions
>>
>>9151412
>/lit/izens enjoy reading
Phahahahhahahaha.
This board is crap and I was just messing with you. This >>9151326 is not even too bad. But im not >>9151369
>>
>>9151387
So you need a PhD in fiction theory and published stories to understand what class is?

Are you hearing yourself? What a joke.
>>
My bad for assuming anyone here has taken steps to be more than 4chan poster or put any tangilble consideration into the pursuit of value in their lives. Thanks for boosting the superiority complex, fellas! :)
>>
>>9151434
The need you feel to post this shows that your 'complex' is not of superiority. Still looking for our validation? Still feeling the need to contradict, to 'show these evil anons how wrong they are'? Go away and self-reflect a little.
This is a favour to you, friend.
>>
>>9151326

Let your first lesson as a writer be to never write something than nobody wants to read.
>cigarettes
Stopped reading there. Don't waste your time faggot, I hope that was just some kind of warmup.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.