[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to get back into writing >can't think of anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: red-brick-wall[1].jpg (172KB, 1000x662px) Image search: [Google]
red-brick-wall[1].jpg
172KB, 1000x662px
>want to get back into writing
>can't think of anything to write about

How does /lit/ do it?
>>
>>9149646
I just free write. That, or use a mind map.
>>
>>9149646
I can always think of things to write but when it comes to endings call me Mr King.
>>
>>9149646
I also use the writing prompts on reddit to stir up my creative juices.
>>
>>9149646
Perhaps try writing some lewd. The fact that you'll have to loosen up to write it might make the writing easier.
>>
i usually take ideas from my dreams, they are weird as fuck so my stories rarely have any basis in reality
>>
>>9149646
I have this problem, sort of. I have things I need to write, specific ideas, but my life has changed and I hardly ever have time to myself anymore. I want to write small tidbits and exercises in the small moments that I do have, but I always come up blank there.

>>9149918
Actually, this. When I have no ideas I just channel my obsession with young, nubile girls into writing.
>>
File: 14617926725330.jpg (26KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
14617926725330.jpg
26KB, 412x351px
>tfw billion ideas but no writing talent to make them come alive on the page
>>
>>9149646
What are the blanks on the map in your life, lit-anon? Things you haven't done?

Maybe you should go to a jehova's witness hall, or take mushrooms at a museum, or dress like a tramp and live on the street for 7 days- or all three.
>>
lots of cigarettes, music and reading bad books
especially when a bad book has an interesting idea, and you can see how it could be 10x better
>>
>>9149646

Write short stories based on your experiences until you have the inspiration to write a novel (if you want to).

Short stories give an easy to follow structure and some guidelines:

-Story takes place in a short period of time
-Few characters
-Few locations
-Based on a conflict, which is often internal

Structure:
-Introduction to characters and conflict
-Build up of tension
-Resolution of conflict/change in protagonist. Often with a twist.

You can also play with narration a bit. Non-linear storytelling, unreliable narrators, different narrative point of views etc.

Take a story from your life. Make it conform to the classic short story's structure. Ever ended a relationship? Take the day of your break up:
-There was a pre-existing conflict (relationship troubles)
-Tension built up, maybe your arguments were more and more intensive or a single fight became fiercer by the minute
-It led to the break up. Conflict solved.

It doesn't have to be even remotely interesting until you find inspiration. Just do it for practice.
>>
>>9149646
Fort the love of god, if you don't have anything to write about, don't fucking write.

Airport lounges and prize shortlists are full of people like you, who want to call themselves writers but have absolute fuck-all to say.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.