[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fella at work is a self-professed logical positivist What can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: low quality fedora2.png (4KB, 270x185px) Image search: [Google]
low quality fedora2.png
4KB, 270x185px
Fella at work is a self-professed logical positivist

What can I say to poke fun at him?
>>
Tell that g-g-godamn man to eat shit and die hungry.
>>
>>9149536
You should feel sorry for him living life without any charm
>>
tell him inductive logic sucks and that verificationism is gay
>>
the things that will get him the most mad, probably:
-verificationism is self-refuting because the verification principle can't be verified without circularity
-positivism is an idealist position because it's so obsessed with epistemology
-positivists don't really believe in science because statements of existence are, strictly speaking, super-empirical
>>
>>9149536
Tell him that quine and sellars made his philosophy obsolete. Also remind him that ayer had a near death experience and claimed to have seen god and believed in it until his death.
>>
>>9149536
ask him if he's a scientific realist
>>
Just get him to read Quine and Later Wittgenstein.
>>
call him a stupid retard bitch idiot
>>
>>9149536
EVERYTIME he says something that can't be verified tease him. Everytime he says something like "that's sad" or "we should do this" just stop him and tell him that what he is saying is meaningless. Do it costantly and relentessly.

Eventually either he will actually become a logical positivist (basically a psycho robot) or he will manage to find a way out of this dead philosophy by analyzing your criticism.
>>
wanting to "poke fun" at your coworkers is a sign that you are insecure in your position and you seek to provoke arguments to better establish the limits of your authority.

here's a thought. how about you just shut the fuck up and get back to the drivethrough window?
>>
ITT: only straw man versions of LP. Y'all really are morons. (Even though LP is, indeed, flawed).
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.