[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fell for the meme boys. I'm halfway through the Pale King

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: thememe.jpg (4MB, 4826x2427px) Image search: [Google]
thememe.jpg
4MB, 4826x2427px
I fell for the meme boys. I'm halfway through the Pale King and it's honestly pretty good.

Wheelocks for scale.
>>
IJ is the scale, you don't need something to communicate to us how fucking big IJ is because you're like assuming an American CAN'T perfectly visualize what a quarter-pound beef-patty looks like when no shit he knows what it looks like, and how big it is.
>>
Yeah, I'm an American, and when somebody tells me a book is 500 pages, my head automatically converts that figure to "approx. .5 IJs."
>>
>>9149065
I knew it was fucking big but jesus christ. I was carrying all three of these around today and It was a workout.
>>
>>9149065
>not converting page length to burger weight
enjoy getting deported, commie
>>
>>9149076
are you just carrying them around even if you aren't reading them? strange.
>>
>>9149151
I'm using Wheelocks for a class, and I'm currently reading The Pale King. I picked up IJ today so that's why I had all three.
>>
>>9149155
ah. I don't like to talk about IJ in "meme book" settings like this thread, but it is a very good book and I hope you like it. You should also read some of the collected essays by DFW if you like IJ at all.
>>
>>9149163
Ij is literally a meme tho
>>
>>9149163
I actually decided to read his novels because I listened to some of his short stories and essays that he had done audio versions of. I found them fascinating and I'm finding TPK to be powerful, if difficult at times. Why do you think it became so popular to shit on IJ?
>>
>>9149170
kys you avant teen

>>9149174
same shit like In The Aeroplane Over The Sea gets loved an shit on. They're great pieces of art that resonate with their respective boards, and sometimes even cross into other places.
>>
>>9149178
Im sorry that you struggle with the fact that IJ has become a meme on this board. The fact that it bothers you at all shows what a pseud you are
>>
>>9149186
whatever you say. love the book, love memes.
>>
>>9149037
OP wants to let us know that he's studying Latin
>>
>>9149209
Honestly I'm shit at latin, I just pulled them all out of my backpack at the same time.

Nice name though.
>>
What's the dealy on the Wheely?
>>
>>9149227
Wheelocks is supposedly the best Latin textbook out there, idk if that's true, but it's the one that my course is using.
>>
I always figured DFW was a meme because of this board, but I was reading outside the other day and an old man walking his dog stopped and asked what I was reading. It was "to the lighthouse", and he said it was nice to see someone reading that. I asked if he had any book recommendations, and I practically had to stifle back a laugh when he suggested David Foster Wallace. Only because I've seen him referenced almost exclusively in memey contexts, and to hear a real person give him legitimate praise was utterly surreal. I think this is a sign it's time for me to fall for it myself
>>
>>9149380
Wow, Fiverr really works.
>>
>>9149380
I was already DFW-pilled by the time, but I was depressed, months after I read IJ, and not satisfied with what I was reading, and was headed home wishing I had something as fun to read and on the bus a girl reading IJ sat next tome. I was elated feeling on the inside, it was just very strange and funny to me. I felt like telling her just cause the irony of it might have been funny to share, but I didn't.
>>
>>9149032
>I'm halfway through the Pale King and it's honestly pretty good.
ditto brah.

Are first edition hard back of TPK worth anything?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.