[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /lit/ order from Thriftbooks.com? I have noy yet cause

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 20170219_222905.jpg (941KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170219_222905.jpg
941KB, 2560x1440px
Does /lit/ order from Thriftbooks.com? I have noy yet cause im always in second hand shops. But the prices seem pretty decent.
>>
>>9145790
Alibris is better pricewise I have found.
>>
>>9145831
Looking it up now
>>
>>9145831
God bless
>>
>>9145790
I have ordered probably 10 or so books from them before. It can be hit or miss tbqh

One of my books had a different cover than what was pictured, they were all pretty much the correct condition listed. Some worse, some better.

But what really rustles my jimmies is that they put a Thriftbooks barcode sticker on the spine of every book and if you try to remove it you will tear off part of the cover. I fucking hate people who do this.
>>
>>9145790
I usually buy from betterworldbooks or medimops via amazon.
I've checked out thriftbooks, but factoring in shipping, amazon is still cheapest and easiest.
I can get just about any book I want for under 5 bucks if I can't pirate it.
>>
Good prices, decent selection, free shipping on orders over $10. I've only used it once to order a few books, but I definitely plan on using it again

>>9146111
Just be a bit more careful when you peel off the sticker or soak a rag with warm water and press it to the sticker until it's drenched then peel it.
>>
>>9145790
Nice advertisement.
>>
I always regret buying used books.

>Weird smells
>Yellowed pages
>Banal notes

I feel so even owning them.
>>
>>9146659
The sticker isn't made of paper. It is some sort of waterproof silver-back adhesive sticker.

Water doesn't do anything except ruin the cover. It's like they don't want people to remove it.
>>
File: IMG_0197.gif (123KB, 225x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0197.gif
123KB, 225x540px
>>9146668

I actually like yellowed pages on old books. It gives me a comfy nastolgic feeling desu
>>
Just checked alibris and found much better selection and prices. Wow. (Not a shill)
>>9146691
I guess I forgot the finer details of their stickers because they didn't take much effort/thought to cleanly remove on the thriftbooks I've received. Didn't even leave a sticky residue
>>
>buying books

come on, /lit/
if you're not pirating ebooks, taking them from free carts at the library or outright shoplifting from chain stores, you're just everyday chattel and not worth a damn
>>
people who fixate on the way books smell and look and feel... you do know you're supposed to be reading them, right?
>>
>>9146762
>Only being able to focus on one sense when you're reading
bet you dont even taste the binding glue when you read buddy
>>
>>9146724
You must of got lucky and received cheaper/easier to remove stickers than I did Anon.
>>
They're my main source of books these days. Average cost of a book is $3.50, and you get $5 off rewards every $50.

If you buy a lot of books like I do, you can use the homeschooler coupon (APPLE) and always have 15% off.

I'll usually go in for 20 books at once, which costs from $60-70. Then a few smaller $10 orders with 4-5 books using the $5 off coupon.

>>9146111
If you get sent a books with the wrong ISBN, you can send an email to customer service and they'll either refund your or ship you the right one. I've had it happen fairly often since I've bought hundreds of books off them. Usually it's a case of getting a paperback when I wanted hardcover, or something being ex-library and not marked as such.

pretty much my favorite thing about ThriftBooks is that they'll actually fucking say when something is ex-library, since I hate ordering off Amazon something in "very good" condition, but covered in library markings
>>
I order from them a lot. You can usually even get used copies of new books for like 1/4 the price or less, and the books are even in great shape.

So far, all the books I got from them were exactly as described, a lot of them basically brand new.

The only downside is they send out tons of spam emails, like 4 or 5 a day sometimes.
>>
Book depositroy > Amazon > Alibris > Thriftbooks

Non-american opinion.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.