[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, first time posting here. I'm wondering, in an universe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: charge610.jpg (136KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
charge610.jpg
136KB, 610x343px
Hi, first time posting here. I'm wondering, in an universe as vast as Warhammer 40k. Where should I start reading?
>>
>>9144066
start with the greeks
>>
>>9144087
I'll give that a look. Thanks, mate.
>>
the Illiad
>>
Is there a specific chronologic order?
>>
read everything chronologically by release date, starting from the first edition rulebook
>>
>>9144200
So the release date is the correct chronologic order. That's convinient.
>>
>>9144222
http://4chanlit.wikia.com/wiki/Recommended_Reading/sub
>>
File: 1459894500460.jpg (145KB, 710x960px) Image search: [Google]
1459894500460.jpg
145KB, 710x960px
You can start by learning the difference between Age of Sigmar and 40k. Then have a read of Lexicanum and the W40k Wiki.
>>
r
>>
Storm of iron is a good first novel. It explains everything important in it, is a solid 8/10 by 40K standards, and is pretty simple plot and setting-wise.

Gaunts Ghosts is probably the best series of 40K books period.

Eisenhorn trilogy is also very good.

I've heard very good things about the Demski Bowden Night Lords books but haven't read them yet.

Read the 40K wiki to build up general lore but honestly reading novels will give you most important information gradually and by osmosis
>>
>>9147188
Adding onto this, the horus heresy books are hit and miss. If you want the highlights of the early(first 17 or so) books, read the first three for general background, then A Thousand Sons, First Heretic, and Legion are priority. Fulgrim is good too and very stand-alone.

People will tell you Prospero Burns is also a high-light, but personally I thought it went for a sort of ambiguity that fits weirdly with the plot and just muddied things up. Some of the action scenes seemed kinda flat compared to the high standard that authour usually puts out because he was so focused on rushing passed them to reveal the grand and genius but very vague and undetailed conspiracy behind the book's events. It is good though, and some people put it as 10/10, so read and see for yourself. Definitely some very cool stuff in there, particularly fleshing out the space wolves into an evocative culture that feels real.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.