[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some nice Occult books that aren't considered fiction?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: witch42.gif-c200.gif (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
witch42.gif-c200.gif
11KB, 200x200px
What are some nice Occult books that aren't considered fiction? Anything from grimiores, demonology, rituals, spells, etc.
>>
>>9143521

There are two or three versions of the "key of solomon", "the lesser key of solomon", etc, which are availbe from Weiser. They all revolve around the same basic idea of summoning demons, controlling them, and then banishing them when you're done with them. One of these is actually prepared in a halfway serious scholarly fashion by an editor.

The actual stuff is very dry, though. By the simple fact that it's not "fiction" in the sense of being a prose narrative, but instead like a textbook. That's what a grimoire /is/: a technical textbook that actually purports to teach you magic of some kind: "this is magic. Here is how you do it, here is how you do NOT do it, etc."

Texts like these eventually inspired some flimf-flam man to write the NECRONOMICON, or "Simonomicon", which is commonly available in B&Ns (and which has nothing to do with Lovecraft himself, despite cribbing the name of his own fictional book). This is a cheap paperback which purports to be an old babylonian text, and the layout basically gives the novice an idea of what a grimoire is actually like, albeit as a hoax/ruse. It's actually kind of fun to read, though, as whoever actually wrote it is careful to give the text some recurring entities/characters and set up a sort of plot/cosmology of the universe. In this sense, the book is much more like a conventional prose fictional narrative, because it was spiced up as-such when written.

Of course one can still banish occult stuff under the larger rubric of "made up bullshit", but I get that you're just looking for texts that don't "work" quite the same way as conventional fiction.
>>
>>9143569
That's basically what I'm asking for, the first part. I'm looking for more or less historical works from people who actually believe what they're writing, or it was written long enough ago that everyone believed it.
>>
>>9143521
probably the one where it says to become immortal you sew your heart into a white goose, place it into a barrel and bury it under an ash tree. i can't fucking find it.
>>
OP here. I found a good resource after looking around a bit. If anyone else is interested, the Occult tag on piratebay is decent, and hermetics.org is pretty alright.
>>
>>9143521
aleister crowley is where you should go, he'll be plenty and then some.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.