[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>reading pic related >Realize I need to read the Bible,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: walden.jpg (134KB, 325x500px) Image search: [Google]
walden.jpg
134KB, 325x500px
>reading pic related
>Realize I need to read the Bible, the Bhagavad Gita, Confucius, all Greek mythology, Aristotle, Homer, Socrates, the Pali canon, jainist scripts, the Apocrypha, the New York times from years 1820-1840, Algonquin sun calendars, and have a complete understanding of the history and culture of Rome, ancient Greece, modern Greece, china, central Asia, Europe, Britain, pre Columbian America and post Columbian America, as well as intimate knowledge of topography, geology, weather patterns of new england, climatology, watershed ecology, biology and extensive knowledge of flauna and flora of Western New England, and the complete works of Charles Dickens, and ancient Hindu vedic texts that have been lost in time, in order to simply glimpse the ideas presented in this work

This is severely demoralizing. How am I ever going to be well read enough to understand what any author is saying?
>>
>>9141971
Just tap into the world spirit and channel the text through it dialectically such that you retroactively engage in the creative process of all of those works as a new a priori mode of thinking. And lurk moar so I don't have to tell you basic shit like this again.
>>
Try reading all the things you listed.
>>
you have autism
>>
start with the greeks
>>
>>9142017
But it would take me years! I just wanted to read one book!

>>9142022
>>9142022
....wow. ok??
>>
>>9142038
Years to read one book? Fucking brainlet.
>>
>>9142038
That's why you have autism. It's okay.

Those insane preparatory lists are only really necessary for philosophy or mathematics. Walden is such an easy book.
>>
>>9142057
I read at 1500 wpm with full comprehension. I get through books in hours, not years. It would still take me years to read all those texts that I mentioned, because they are hard to find.
>>
>>9141971
btw you have to learn greek and latin
>>
>>9142105
t. never learned the gucking Dewey Decimal System
>>
>read Socrates
try again mate
>>
Get an annotated edition. I think there's one on libgen?
>>
>>9142948
That isn't the issue, if I wanted to simply recognize the references that's simple enough, even for ones I don't know I could simply use context. Rather I want to fully understand the source material that Thoreau is writing from .
>>
Nah, that's not true
>>
>>9142006
keked at maximum level
>>
>>9141971
that's really not that much
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.