[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could anyone on /lit/ illustrate me as to why pic related is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

Could anyone on /lit/ illustrate me as to why pic related is considered literature (as opposed to a meaningless piece of crap)?
>>
Can you illustrate why it isn't?
>>
You plebe
>>
>>9136518
Anything goes, then?
Is this post literature?
>>
>>9136518
By the way, I'm not stating it's not literature, I'm just curious about why it is considered to be so.
>>
>>9136586
Everything is presumed literature until proven otherwise.
>>
I imagine these as lyrics to a Wesley Willis song
>>
It's Tao Lin: it's meaningless crap. Don't waste your time.
>>
>>9136483
It's something. Drawing an arbitrary line in sand doesn't work. Literature is whatever you consider it to be; it's subjective.
>>
>>9136483
I like this.
>>
>>9136483
Could anyone on /lit/ illustrate me as to why poster related prefers to spend his time bitching about things he dislikes (as opposed to starting a thread about his favorite poem)

I mean, he's obviously no literary critic, so I fail to see the necessity of his bitching.
>>
>>9136483
It's written language which was composed with the intent of creating art. That's it. Bad literature is still literature. But this is pretty good desu.
>>
>>9137255
If literature is whatever you want it to be, then /lit/ could as well be /b/, which it isn't.

Therefore, the distinction between "literature" and "whatever" must be nontrivial.
>>
>>9137328
In case you're not just trolling me, why do you find it good? I'd really like to know what it conveys to you and why it qualifies as "literature" for you.
>>
>>9136483
-Rupi Kaur
>>
>"Yet another book that fails to illustrate me the complexities of this mortal coil," said OP, tossing aside more plebish material before resuming his shitposts while contributing nothing to his lush ideal of "literature."
>>
>>9136792
rock on, London
rock over Chicago
'let's go,' i said
'wait,' you said
i said okay
and a few minutes pased
>>
Lying in a den
in Bombay
With a slack jaw
And not much to say
I said to the man
'Are you trying to tempt me'
Because
I come from the land of plenty
And he said,
'do you come from a land down under'
Oh yeah yeah
Where women glow
And men plunder
Can't you hear
Can't you hear the thunder
You'd better run, you'd better take cover yeah

>Mnuabwe lopez ping ling
>>
>>9137660
It effectively conveys the ideas and emotions it sets out to convey. It's a poem about feeling directionless and disillusioned, and it captures that feeling using an effective thesis (the past sucked, but it was better than today), effective imagery (money, via student loans and the lottery, is a microcosm of general powerlessness), and an effective tone (the lowercase letters and the rambling tone evoke directionlessness). Everything does what it's supposed to, which is feel dreary. There's also very few wasted words, and no wasted sentences - each clause serves at least two purposes in the narrative.

It's unconventional, but not bad. There are much better poems, sure, but this still does what it sets out to do, and does it well.

And again, it'd qualify as literature if I didn't like it. Shitty deviantart fanfiction is still literature.
>>
Poetry spells emotion so noble but try to find something more chernobyl
>>
>>9137618
literature is like language--a convention. it is what we agree it is. changes to literature happen similarly to changes in language: a new usage or style appears, propounded by a few influential people / groups, and it gradually becomes the norm. read wittgenstein.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.