[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people remember books they have read? When I think back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

How do people remember books they have read? When I think back to something like the count of monte cristo, it's just a big fucking blur. Is enjoyment at the time of reading the only thing that matters?
>>
>>9132967
What a dumb couple of questions
>>
>>9132967
>I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.

Really makes you think
>>
I have a pretty good memory. It's been a few years since I read the Count but I remember it well. For some reason the first character that comes to mind when I think of it is Luigi Vampa.
>>
>>9132978
lol, /lit/ should have a harder captcha to keep this sort of people away maybe.
>>
>>9132967
it's easier to remember if you take notes and highlight passages that left an impression on you.
>>
dont just finish a book, put it back on the shelf and pick up another.

reflect upon what you read for a few days before diving into something new

write notes and thoughts to look back at later, reread and discuss with others

im pretty sure i read an article once about how you have to use or come back to information a lot for you to retain it
>>
>>9132986
Thanks.
>>
>>9133127
Ok, show us your own notes. I suppose you use them. Otherwise, either you are talking about things you have not experienced yourself or you are full of shit.
>>
>>9132967

I haven't really thought about it but people usually tell me they have a difficult time remembering things especially with books and general reading comprehension. From as far back as I can remember I've always been able to recall specific pages in books and the content on that page without much difficulty. Especially things I've read ten or fifteen years ago. It's hard to explain, it's really like a disease in some sense, I remember almost everything. Sometimes I'll meet someone for the first time and remember passing them by in a hallway or street only to pass a glance for a moment and have the urge to bring that up as a way to break the feeling of tension and slight anxiety when you first meet someone and then I catch myself before saying anything realizing how strange it would be. I've done it once or twice only for someone to take it as a almost an invasion of their privacy, but I can't help it, memories just rush to the foreground of my mind like a full river and I can catch the memories at the right moment like fish in a net. It's difficult, sometimes I wonder what it would mean to forget, I think I even remember my birth, a white light, the pain in my lungs as I tried to breath, my ears ringing with the unmuted noise, mostly sensations but I believe that's what it is. How strange to think of it now, I thought those memories would be malformed or nonexistent.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.