[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do some people think hacks like pic related count as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 15

File: IMG_2014.jpg (19KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2014.jpg
19KB, 480x270px
Why do some people think hacks like pic related count as public intellectuals?
>>
Because he holds public conferences?
He is more a public figure than an intellectual for sure but at least he speaks to people nobody dare to engage.
>>
Nobody thinks he's intellectual, including himself. Milo constantly says that he never expressed any ideas that aren't commonly agreed upon by millions of americans
>>
Because people like you constantly give him political oxygen by never shutting up about him.
>>
Only teenagers think that and they think that because they are teenagers.
>>
File: Shirley MacLaine.jpg (197KB, 779x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Shirley MacLaine.jpg
197KB, 779x1000px
>>9132129\
Milo Vpopulos is as much a "public intellectual" as Noam Chomsky, best Hitchens or Zizek. He publicly speaks about various complex problems, and some people buy his bullshit - that's the only qualifier.
>>
File: mawbio.png (343KB, 2014x974px) Image search: [Google]
mawbio.png
343KB, 2014x974px
before he became Gay Coulter he was an incredibly pseudy "right wing poet", going by Milo Andres Wagner. pic related is his wiki page from that time, I'm pretty sure someone uploaded one of his books of poetry as well
>>
>>9132129

Who thinks that?
>>
>>9133037
Academics, Nobel prize winners, PhD teachers, etc
>>
>>9132997
>>9132997
>reads Nietzsche and Schopenhauer, but still tries to peacock a very transparent image of being a Catholic
>Fails at school
>Fails at his attempt to be an artist
>is led into politics after his artistic failures
>favorite composer is Wagner

hmmm, reminds me of someone, but I can't quite place it
>>
File: dawkins.jpg (232KB, 1536x1024px) Image search: [Google]
dawkins.jpg
232KB, 1536x1024px
>>9132129
Agreed, why are these people given any attention whatsoever? Unironically sophomoric.
>>
>>9133195
You forgot
>homosexual
>>
File: Hm.jpg (40KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
Hm.jpg
40KB, 657x527px
>>9132129

Because modern Liberals/Lefties have become so fucking stupid/melodramatic/sensitive/etc than even attention-seeking/whoring hacks seem intelligent by comparison.

Milo/etc are symptoms, not causes.
>>
>>9132997
Whoa, Nietzsche and Wagner!
>>
>>9132997

>eschatology
>schat
>scat

Yeah, this works out.
>>
>>9132997

>Nietzsche
>Schopenhauer

Something tells me he read these guys, cherrypicked some shit he liked, but by no means understood them.

No one could take Nietzsche seriously, for example, and at the same time parade themselves as a gay negro-loving defender of Christianity.
>>
>>9132129
He goes for low hanging fruit which the masses can understand.
>>
>>9133272
Reminder that if someone is "interested in philosophy" and say that their favorite philosophers are Schopenhauer Nietzsche, and knows nothing about modern analytics, they are pseuds
>>
>>9133327

>Analytics
>2017
>Wasting your time with Anglo-Saxon philosophy

Sorry, it's Continental or bust, kid.

If you want to play pretend mathematics, just go ahead and do the real thing.
>>
>>9133332
>I like philosophy but I don't like to think

Sad!
>>
>>9133342

Continental philosophy is by definition thinking.

Analytical is fake symbols and nonsense equations. Pseudo-mathematics.
>>
File: 1487322058918.jpg (10KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
1487322058918.jpg
10KB, 225x224px
>>9132997
...is this real???
>>
>>9133345
>I like philosophy but I can't count

you're not helping yourself here
>>
File: teehee.png (8KB, 473x500px) Image search: [Google]
teehee.png
8KB, 473x500px
>>9133348

>I like counting but I can't think

We call that autism, kid.
>>
Cuz womyn
>>
>>9133345
>get your logic and reasoning out of here!! math is too scawwy! philosophy is about my feelings!! lol wut language is questionable? I'm speaking to you right now, idiot! haha autism amirite gals?
>>
>>9132129
>public
Yes.
>intellectual
Who ever said that?

The good catholic Milo version is pretty cute.
>>
>>9132129
Never seen a career end this abruptly. I almost feel bad for him
>>
>>9133430
wait what?
>>
>>9133466
After the Bill Maher appearance, which most people think went badly for Milo, a bunch of journalists got together and published articles "exposing" Milo's pro-pedophilia stance, not realizing that the examples they used were jokes with contexts that sort of justifies them.

He got disinvited from CPAC, his reputation has gone to shit, and he might even lose his book deal.
>>
>>9133466
He's going down pretty quickly over his age of consent comments now.
>>
>>9133466

go to /pol/. the tide is turning against this guy big time. half of /pol/ already hated him to begin with (for obvious reasons) and the rest saw him as necessary. now they are pretty scattered over it.

i doubt milo will ever fully recover from this one.
>>
>>9133500

>not realizing that the examples they used were jokes with contexts that sort of justifies them.

it doesn't matter. context is pointless when you are character assassinating.

and:
>that sort of justifies them
even then you can't go to bat for this guy 100% because his statements were what they were. dude played himself in part.
>>
>>9133466
the half-life of edgemaster gimmicks is pretty low
>>
>>9133466
https://youtu.be/5PnnE_UizOs
>>
>>9133560
K E K
>>
>>9133549
Provocation as a method of free speech protest is pretty vital nowadays. What Milo did wrong was come across as weak and petty during the Maher debacle, so the people who are usually willing to defend his antics are now staying silent. He's basically done.
>>
Kek they've cancelled his book deal
>>
>>9133580
live by the sword, die by the sword
>>
File: p874K.gif (946KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
p874K.gif
946KB, 500x270px
Celebrities have replaced academics, journalists, novelists, politicians etc in informing peoples worldview.

Niggers like trump and Yiannopopulopus complain about the "mainstream media"......but the (((media))) have basically created a culture where these narcissists can thrive by turning the general populous into an amalgamation of high functioning self-pitying retards.

People complain about tumblrinas.....nobody is so engrossed in self pity as rust belt, blue collard merrycans.

What's Milo ever done? At least trump built a couple of hotels before he went bankrupt
>>
File: 1487453382671.jpg (107KB, 750x999px) Image search: [Google]
1487453382671.jpg
107KB, 750x999px
upside: even though he's all washed up, he can always become a Catholic priest ;-)
>>
>>9132140
Servile shill.

Disgusting.

He shouldn't engage with these "people".....they're subhuman and easily duped
>>
>>9133587
live by the kek, die by the KEK

>>9133594
watch out, you're making too much sense there. the /pol/acks are gonna come get ye. you're absolutely correct
>>
>>9132129
The alt-right movement has some individuals who support and speak out about it. Milo Yiannopolous is one of the most successful. Ben Shapiro is another great one, and is an example of why it's good that Hitler did not succeed. It could be said that it was a combination of the alt-right movement and people's general state of annoyance at SJWs/BLM/3rd wave feminists that Trump got elected in America. It's a shame that we were too late in Canada to avoid pretty-boy Trudeaux j.r. Bloody male feminist...
>>
>>9133624
>lil' Ben
>alt right
He's literally the number one target of anti-Semitic attacks in the US thanks to the alt right
>>
>>9133624
Benny isn't alt-right, he's a tea party conservative or something like that.
He doesn't like the alt-right at all.
>>
>>9132129
christ, it took me an embarassing amount of time to recognize this dweeb
>>
>>9133624

>Ben Shapiro is another great one, and is an example of why it's good that Hitler did not succeed.

shapiro is what weaponized autism would be if it were a social and upstanding member of the community.
>>
>>9133624
>Ben Shapiro

this dweeb is an embarassment
he should stick to writing "end of days" novels
and last but not least, he's 5'4''
>>
File: milo_poem.jpg (31KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
milo_poem.jpg
31KB, 480x640px
>>9132997
truly one of the greatest
>>
>>9133685

>this dweeb is an embarassment

he can hold his own. this is undeniable. you sound triggered by something he said.

but being a manlet is indeed inexcusable, yes.
>>
File: B7XTO9uCQAAvR3a.jpg (32KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
B7XTO9uCQAAvR3a.jpg
32KB, 480x640px
>>
>>9133701
>>9133685
>no matter how smart I am, no matter how much I achieve, no matter how good I am, everyone will still hate me for something I can't control
Manlet hate needs to be criminalized
>>
>>9133719

eww gross it's trying to talk to me.
>>
>>9133692
looooooool more more more
>>
>>9133701
>you sound triggered
you got me champ
>>
>>9133719
don't be sad bro, I'm a manlet too, I just like to think that ben "5 feet 4 inches" shapiro would be humiliated by constantly being reminded of his height
>>
>>9133692
LEWL

MOAR
>>
>>9133725

you understand that sarcasm isn't a get out of jail free card for absolutely everything you say, right? you actually do sound triggered.
>>
>>9133710
i'm cringing so hard. It gives me hope, though. If someone as pseudy as this can be as successful as Milo is (or was), then maybe I have hope
>>
>>9133746
just be sure not to fuck it up by defending kiddy diddling
>>
>>9133685
>he's 5'4"
>claims 5'9" after wearing lifts
>>
>>9133719
manlets should get a special badge on this site, maybe they will learn their place
>>
>>9133744
>you understand that sarcasm isn't a get out of jail free card for absolutely everything you say, right?

>the dude who uses "triggered" unironically talking about get out of jail free cards
>>
>>9133655
The alt-right isn't anti-Semitic.

>>9133667
Whatever his political beliefs are, his views mirror the alt-right quite closely. I guess it's because he's Conservative and the alt-right movement is also Conservative, just like both Catholicism and Anglicanism are both branches of Christianity. Lots of similarities. Personally I'm Anglican, and find it funny to call it "Catholic Lite". All the salvation of your soul, but with only half the guilt.

>>9133672
It took me a few seconds as well, he certainly did look like quite a nerd back then. I wonder how many years old that photo was.

>>9133675
I concur. His ability to bring up so many facts and statistics while also being able to speak so plainly that it's like he's only talking to one person, almost in a monotone voice at that, it definitely suggests he's got some wires crossed upstairs, but somehow in a good way.

>>9133685
I don't see how he's an embarrassment, and I'm not familiar with his writing. Funny to hear he's so short though. Whatever his political ideals are, I definitely identify with him quite a bit on what he has to say.

>>9133692
I have to admit, that seems like rubbish to me, but then again I also hate Picasso's paintings so what do I know of true art?

>>9133719
Agreed, even though personally I'm 6' tall, and damn proud of it. Nothing wrong with being short, but women DO generally prefer tall men.
>>
>>9132129
I don't know why /lit/ doesn't like pedophilia. They always say to start with the greeks.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mp163bO5LR1qz4rgp.jpg (117KB, 470x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mp163bO5LR1qz4rgp.jpg
117KB, 470x750px
>all of the manlet hate in this thread
>all of the manlet hate on dating sites
>all of the manlet hate on twitter
>all of the manlet hate in the corporate world
>all of the manlet hate in life
Honestly, being below 5'7" as a man should qualify you for disability
>>
>>9133813
manlets should not be allowed to vote
>>
>>9133796

>>the dude who uses "triggered" unironically talking about get out of jail free cards

lol what does this even mean?

>>9133685
>this dweeb is an embarassment

how were you not being triggered here? you haven't even disclosed what you're so annoyed over btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a99oRB1XYA&t

are you the first guy in this video, perchance? you post just like he does: aimless try hard smugness with seemingly nothing behind it.
>>
>>9133813
>5'7" manlet trying to fit in with the big boys
manlets need to be gassed
>>
File: 1487354017327m.jpg (99KB, 1024x570px) Image search: [Google]
1487354017327m.jpg
99KB, 1024x570px
>>9133798
Fuck off breitbart shill.

Next thing you'll be telling us that bannon is deep down a misunderstood intellectual.

>Shill
>>
>>9132129
This guy isn't an intellectual, he is a professional troll and pretty hilariously so. If you take him seriously then you have already lost and he has won.

He is like a wrecking ball, sent in to leftist strongholds so public figures, professors and college activists can make fools of themselves by reacting hysterically to his antics. If they would just ignore him, then he would just go away, but I guess they are too gridlocked in their outrage and victim politics. That guy literally got his tactics from image boards and from gamergate activists in particular. Everyone who is halfway internet savvy knows 'don't feed the troll', but they can't help themselves.
>>
>>9133813
Oh no, how will I ever recover from the scathing critisism from Negronometry, Hanan and Yung Lean?
>>
>>9133849
this. and seeing trolls inevitably self-destruct is half the fun
>>
>>9133838
>lol what does this even mean?
it means that "triggered" is a get out of jail free card because in a discussion it is used solely as a method of making the other guy say "I'm not triggered!" which makes him look like he's flailing. it's a verbal trick that makes you look cool and is practically impossible to defend against because if you do you look weak. when faced with that the only thing you can do is try to use sarcasm, which I did. clear enough?
>>
>>9133859
triggered
>>
He has an above average IQ and he's gathered a following by debating topics that pander to brainlets. (ie. gamergate, alt-right, anti-feminism)
Said brainlets look up to him and don him the label of an intellectual because he has professional level diction, is well-read and writes every so often.

Which is what smart people do, r-right?
>>
>>9133866
case in point
>>
>>9133560
I can't tell if there's something about this guy's speech pattern that makes it impossible to not immediately discard what he's saying or he just has nothing of substance to say to begin with. A mix of the two I think.
>>
File: 1484700868038.gif (2MB, 375x214px) Image search: [Google]
1484700868038.gif
2MB, 375x214px
>>9133849
It wasn't funny because he avoided the heavyweight intellectuals and instead shitposted on Twitter about nobodies and lightweights........ It was pretty gay.

Its the difference between a satirist and a troll. Trolls pick easy targets...satirists pick those in power. Milo was a spineless camwhore troll with bad breath. Completely throwaway.

Burn him clean
>>
>>9133859

>making the other guy say "I'm not triggered!" which makes him look like he's flailing.

you still haven't even disclosed why you were so annoyed with him in the first place - of course you're flailing.

why do you feel he is an embarrassment? don't talk around this point like an overcompensating try hard again. just be simple and direct, son. use your words.
>>
>>9133879
I honestly can't remember, half a year ago I ran into a couple of his vids on YT and was left with the impression that he is a piece of shit
>>
>>9133899

>I honestly can't remember

holy fuck enough of you, pseud.

fuck off already your banter is so boring.
>>
>>9133920
triggered?
>>
ah so you persecute milo for his beliefs do tell
>>
>>9132129
Because of a lack of actual public intellectuals in America. If we restrict our attention to the humanities, intellectual have utterly failed to deliver anything of value to the public.

Right-wingers don't have anything other than "Muh Slims :D" and the Left cares not one bit for workers, or if they do, they aren't exactly presenting any new thinking or praxis in leftist theory in a way that people can understand, just circlejerking over French philosophers. As far as the general public knows, the only contribution of leftist intellectuals over the past few decades amounts to nothing except privilege theory and intersectionality.
>>
>>9133719
Manlet detected
>>
>>9133844
Never heard of Bannon. I've heard of Roy O'Banon.
>>
>>9133710
Juvenile as fuck. Did he blow the publisher?
>>
>>9133844
who is this savage?
>>
>>9133877
source?
>>
>>9133920
triggered
>>
>>9133052
Which academics, nobel prize winners, phd teachers, etc.?
>>
>>9133692
Jesus Christ, who wrote this piss, and how did it get published?
>>
>>9134055

Much worse than that I'm afraid: self publishing.
>>
>>9133580
>provocation as a method of free speech protest

The mark of maturity is knowing that just because something can be said doesn't mean it should. Milo had no convictions besides being a bombastic and equally annoying reveler in our current political landscape.

Those who defend Milo are braindead morons who think just because a guy openly says controversial shit and bullies people on Twitter somehow makes him eligible as the mouthpiece for the disenfranchised right. This recent controversy was bound to happen and he did it to himself.
>>
>>9133594
Have you seen the articled about Kid Rock and Ted Nugent running for senator of Michigan? American culture loves itself so much it can only trust it's pretty faces to run it's political matters.
>>
>>9134478
It didn't, it's self published.
>>
>>9132129
because that's what intellectualism promotes
>>
Responding to a viral marketing thread
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.