[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poetry has to rhyme because that's the proof the author

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: space alien backs bush.jpg (93KB, 400x233px) Image search: [Google]
space alien backs bush.jpg
93KB, 400x233px
Poetry has to rhyme because that's the proof the author put at least some thought into the writing. If you can transcend that need for proof, great, but you probably can't.
>>
>>9129846
only if you don't understand other poetic devices

and why does the effort matter more than the result to you?
>>
>>9129868
The effort influences the result. When I say it's "the proof" what I really mean is it's an indicator. As in I'd rather read 100 poems that rhymed than 100 that didn't because the 100 that rhymed by definition had thought put into their scansion and word choice as per representation of the ideas.
>>
>>9129846
>Poetry has to rhyme because that's the proof the author put at least some thought into the writing
Opposite really. Rhyming is easiest, most braindead trash. There are less than ten poets who have done it well. It's embarrassing to read most of the time.
>>
>>9129904
>poems that rhyme put thought into their scansion
I worked on a magazine for a bit, and I can tell you that's definitely not true for amateur writers
>>
>>9129846
THE Measure is English Heroic Verse without Rime, as that of Homer in Greek, and Virgil in Latin; Rhime being no necessary Adjunct or true Ornament of Poem or good Verse, in longer Works especially, but the Invention of a barbarous Age, to set off wretched matter and lame Meeter; grac't indeed since by the use of some famous modern Poets, carried away by Custom, but much to thir own vexation, hindrance, and constraint to express many things otherwise, and for the most part worse then else they would have exprest them. Not without cause therefore some both Italian, and Spanish Poets of prime note have rejected Rhime both in longer and shorter Works, as have also long since our best English Tragedies, as a thing of itself, to all judicious ears, triveal, and of no true musical delight; which consists onely in apt Numbers, fit quantity of Syllables, and the sense variously drawn out from one Verse into another, not in the jingling sound of like endings, a fault avoyded by the learned Ancients both in Poetry and all good Oratory. This neglect then of Rhime so little is to be taken for a defect, though it may seem so perhaps to vulgar Readers, that it rather is to be esteem'd an example set, the first in English, of ancient liberty recover'd to heroic Poem from the troublesom and modern bondage of Rimeing.
>>
shadow on a shadow
endow me with deeper shallow
faint glimmers of sensed hope
preachers preaching false pope

but in the context theres a humming
a dreambeat of life to find amongst the drumming
of sad pagans pressing kisses on your neck

ok i lost it there, someone else continue the spontaneous poem
your word is neck
>>
>>9129975
put your penis in my butt
and pee in my butt
faint glimmers of gay hope
put your penis in my penis' peehole

your word is peehole
>>
>>9129975
like little birdies as they peck
another in birdly love
as they fly like birdly doves

in the birdly matrimony
i find that i miss my birdy homies
>>
>>9129989
your word was peehole
>>
Poetry has to rhyme because thats the only kind of poetry that is fun to read to yourself.

Unrhymed poetry HAS to be recited, with correct tone and scansion, and I'm too lonely and autistic to do that.
>>
Good meter takes more work than rhyme. Did Shakespeare rhyme? No. Did he have to? No.
>>
>>9130046
Shakesman didnt rhyme because he wrote plays.
>>
>>9129846
>I wish I found some better sounds no one's ever heard
>I wish I had a better voice that sang some better words
>I wish I found some chords in an order that is new
>I wish I didn't have to rhyme every time I sang

-Blurry face... proof u dont need to rhyme anon
>>
File: sad.png (90KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
sad.png
90KB, 300x250px
>>9130024
>ywn read free verse poetry to your qt /lit/erary gf by a crackling fire late one cold November evening as the snow gently covers the windowsills in a downy white blanket and the old house creaks gently to the rhythm of the fire.
>>
>>9130046
>Did Shakespeare rhyme? No
wtf
>>
File: 1483216943823.jpg (56KB, 540x361px) Image search: [Google]
1483216943823.jpg
56KB, 540x361px
>>9130061
>>9130061
Haha what are you talking about anon I do this all the time hahah
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.