[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I meet a tall skinny QT 3.14 >I pursue her and eventually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (10KB, 250x154px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10KB, 250x154px
>I meet a tall skinny QT 3.14
>I pursue her and eventually we fuck a few times and she's hooked
>I find out that she doesn't read for her own enjoyment outside of college classes
>lose interest gradually even though she is great in every other aspect

Thanks /lit/
>>
If this story is true, which it most likely isn't, what are you waiting for? Get her into books. This isn't a fucking Hollywood movie, you have to work on your relationships if you want them to work.
>>
>>9127987
Working on relationships doesn't mean breeding people into what you want
>>
I love that my gf isn't a reader, because I can say the most retarded shit about various authors and books and she'll be charmed and think I'm super smart and suck my dick. Imagine if she read and called me out on my bullshit claims? We'd just argue. It would be horrible.
>>
>>9127987
THIS THREAD IS ABOUT HOW INFERIOR WOMEN ARE TO ME AS WHITE MAN
>>
>>9127863
your fault for being elitist and incapable of empathy
>>
>>9127987
I've noticed tons of posts on this board saying "get him/her into books" like it's as easy as telling someone they ought to read. I've been trying to get the people around me to read for my whole life and have only been responsible for one person becoming a reader.

Any tips on how to encourage people? I must be doing it wrong.
>>
>>9127996
Fuck off, nigger.
>>
>>9127991
Yes it does.
>>
File: _54523105_54522480.jpg (43KB, 660x470px) Image search: [Google]
_54523105_54522480.jpg
43KB, 660x470px
>>9127863
I think if she's actually "great in every other aspect" you should probably try to look past this.

Also some people are actually slow readers ib4 "all women are hurrrr" and read more when they are out of school. I am in college and read a lot but I essentially watch no movies or tv to do so.
>>
File: stirner2.jpg (196KB, 1200x1080px) Image search: [Google]
stirner2.jpg
196KB, 1200x1080px
>>9127987
>>9128049
>>9128066
>intentionally suffering a relationship in order to "Encourage Reading"
>>
>>9128049
Give them things to read that they find interesting. Most people have bad experiences of reading because of being forced to read boring shit in school. If you give them something they find interesting they will rediscover the joy of reading.
>>
>>9127863
>>9128049

Most people talk more than they listen, reading is a form of listening, so let people talk and guide their narrative. Shaping others by educating them is presumptuous and an uphill battle, so just give hints and footnotes until they latch and develop the seed on their own. Let them be the center while supporting their train of thought, then you'll know you're within the frontiers of genuine interest when you're appealed through sheer originality of exchange and the depth of your exchange took a turn that you didn't anticipate.

When you're with women, you think of books. When you read books, you think of women.
Equilibrium of healthy reciprocity.
>>
>>9127863
I had the same experiencie with a girl Ive been fucking for a few months. Yesterday we were going to chill at my house aka give her the pynch and I saw she had a Harry Potter penchant with the fucking goodguyswizardsomething icon hanging from it and suddendly all my excitment and hardness wore off. I ended up eating her out just to not make her feel bad
I doubt Ill ever get close to her again.
>>
File: 5968872.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
5968872.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
>tfw no cute, plump/fat gf who's a devout Catholic and enjoys Tolkien

I'm depressed, lads.
>>
>>9128126
>When you're with women, you think of books. When you read books, you think of women.

Jesus anon. Accurate.

>>9128255
Been there anon. I used to have this cute short bookish gf who took my book recommendations seriously and actually read them and loved them.
>She recommended me books too and I read a couple of them and they were mostly entry level stuff but they weren't so bad.
But now we're broken up and I feel about it sometimes but I've been reading a lot of Tolstoy lately and it's sortve just making me realize how much of a meme love is and how we always just want what we dont/cant have. It's sortve like the quote from that other anon, once I had her all I did was talk about books with her, but now that I dont have her I just think about her while I read books.
Read Father Sergius, it's a thinking man's kindve feel.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.