[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>If Chip had wanted to come clean to someone in his family,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (35KB, 514x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 514x600px
>If Chip had wanted to come clean to someone in his family, his little sister would have been the obvious choice. Having dropped out of college and having married badly, Denise at least had some acquaintance with darkness and disappointment. Nobody but Enid, however, had ever mistaken Denise for a failure. The college she’d dropped out of was better than the one that Chip had graduated from, and her early marriage and more recent divorce had given her an emotional maturity that Chip was all too aware of lacking himself, and he suspected that even though Denise was working eighty hours a week she still managed to read more books than he did. In the last month, since he’d embarked on projects like digitally scanning Melissa Paquette’s face from a freshman facebook and suturing her head to obscene downloaded images and tinkering with these images pixel by pixel (and the hours did fly by when you were tinkering with pixels), he’d read no books at all.

did 'facebook' used to be slang for yearbook or something? cause this book came out in 2001 and the first instance of facebook was created in 2003. just wondering what the term facebook is referring to here.

also wow some things never change
>>
File: fb.jpg (117KB, 1571x659px) Image search: [Google]
fb.jpg
117KB, 1571x659px
It seems that the word appeared during the seventies, if not earlier.
>>
>>9126178
holy... i want more...
>>
>>9126186
yeah /lit/ shits on franzen but he's good
>>
File: 1465155968245.jpg (70KB, 374x359px) Image search: [Google]
1465155968245.jpg
70KB, 374x359px
>>9126198
He's almost as good as our Postpostmodern savior John Green.
>>
Why does /lit/ hate on him so much? His prose is conventional but far from poor, and my impression of his other talents is that they're quite high. He's perceptive insights into characters is so precise that it's both a relief to see them said so concretely but scary in their familiar logic. He simply approaches writing from a different axis than most literary writers, one that certainly has merit and intelligence.
>>
why would you work pixel by pixel that's the worst possible way you could do it
>>
Yes anon that's where they got the name from.
>>
File: 2623453.jpg (13KB, 266x400px) Image search: [Google]
2623453.jpg
13KB, 266x400px
>>9126186
Start with this
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Face_book
A face book or facebook is a printed or web directory found at American universities consisting of individuals’ photographs and names. In particular, it denotes publications of this type distributed by university administrations at the start of the academic year with the intention of helping students get to know each other.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.