[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_ love >The famous fem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: Laughing-Men-In-Suits.jpg (23KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Men-In-Suits.jpg
23KB, 500x333px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_love

>The famous feminist Gloria Steinem at one point stated, “you became a semi-nonperson when you got married.” She also famously coined the expression 'A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle.' Steinem dismissed marriage in 1987 as not having a 'good name.' Steinem got married in 2000, stating that the symbols that feminists once "rebelled against" now are freely chosen, or society had changed.
>>
A fish might want a bicycle.
>>
Why wouldn't women want to get married eventually? You'd rather suffer old age completely alone?
>>
>>9123230
>old age is suffering

Only if you're an out-of-shape burgher, or a life-long drug addict, or some other kind of person who mutilates their own body
>>
>>9123230
>marriage will help
>not wanting to be a crazy old gypsy lady crossing the moors alone
you need to sort your priorities chica
www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW3gKKiTvjs
>>
>>9123255
Life is going to fuck you so hard. No one ages with grace.
>>
>>9123255
Everyone's body deteriorates. Even healthy people suffer from diminished capabilities
>>
>>9123255
life long drug addict here. i'm getting my suffering in early so i don't have to see old age, thank you.
>>
It's like these people have never been alive. It's not about needing a man. I hope at some point they might view other people as other people. Otherwise, go be a hermit and stop infecting the youth.
>>
>>9123287
>not being an antinatalist
you don't care about the youth you just want to share this hell with more people.
>>
>>9123268
So therefore I should fear it (old age) to the extent that I would place myself in bondage?

What is "old age"? Are you "old" when you are 30, 40, 50, 60, or 70? The notion "old" refers to the point in time at which one's individual body begins to fail, there is no such thing as general "old age."

Maintain as you like that "life is going to fuck you so hard," I do not fear age or death or dying or pain, regardless of the level of "grace" possessed by any of the aforesaid
>>
Can we talk about how Huxley's mutual adoption collectives and his tantra and free love policies could work (or not work) ITT?

Lectures grouped as The Human Situation and the island in his novel Island as references if you want to read about it. And the rest of the alternative educators/societies he was associated with I guess.
>>
File: whyefreedomshouldbelimited.jpg (420KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
whyefreedomshouldbelimited.jpg
420KB, 1920x1280px
does hypocrisy actually undermine an argument, though? in a strict logos sense of the word argument (clearly it can effect pathos or ethos but these are human frailties).

for example, al gore pollutes more than the average person. that doesn't really alter the fact that he is correct about global warming and everybody else needs to change or the earth is doomed, does it?
>>
>>9123326
global warming is a natural earth cycle of rising and decreasing temperatures.
>>
>>9123184
(YOU)
>>
>>9123326
Also, you are forgetting about the purpose of this defending of environmentalism by such a prolific 'pollluter', it's not just hypocrisy (that misses the point) this virtue signaling is a mask that ALLOWS him to be a ruthless magnate, he expends enough energy being a good guy for the public so he can be whatever he wants out of sight.
>>
>>9123326
"Arguments" in that sense, i.e. in the sense of anlagenbau, are nothing but expressions of hypocrisy. Show me someone who "makes arguments," and I will show you a hypocrite

"Hypocrisy" from the Greek "hypokrisis," literally "under-decision"
>>
>>9123351
please stick to the topic you dumbass neo-con.

i was simply using al gore/global warming anecdote as an illustration of the hypocritical fallacy, not lecturing you about the obvious and inconvenient truth of how how ignorant republican policies are ruining the planet. please, scamper off to your gamergate discussion on /v/.
>>
>>9123292
I'm not opposed. At least, America should stop breeding
>>
>>9123360
>>9123369

the point which i am trying to expand upon to you rubes is that whether the giver of an argument is a hypocrite or not doesn't matter. what matters are the facts. i.e., the death of the author transposed to the realm of debate.
>>
>>9123326
In the broadest sense it doesn't, but it does call into question the veracity of the person's intentions, and whether or not the idea is even a good one to begin with.

To use your example, Al Gore may be a massive hypocrite, but he's right about how we should put less CO2 and garbage into the air.

BUT! Does he hypocrisy bely some hidden agenda? That is to say, he isn't truly a hypocrite at all, we just don't have enough the full picture. He could be a whack job, like Chancellor Schulz who sees "climate change" as a tool to further Israeli geopolitical aims. Or, more fitting for Gore, he sees Climate Change as a tool to further the creation of a neo-feudal state in which he and his rich buddies rule with an iron fist.

In which case no, he's not a hypocrite at all. He sees nothing wrong with him burning a hole in the ozone layer, he just doesn't want you and I to have the means to do so because he wants us to be little more than slaves; "it's bad for the environment if you peasants drive cars" is just a means by which he can (covertly) further his agenda.

And, if the creator of an idea turns around and says "yeah, nah, it's shit", is it reqlly worthwhile?
>>
>>9123387
The argument is an expression of the argument-giver. How else could they be arguing?

In other words, are you somehow not a rube by virtue of your willful misunderstanding?
>>
>>9123388
ill be honest, you sound woke as fuck.
>>
File: 1388970341239.png (162KB, 500x502px) Image search: [Google]
1388970341239.png
162KB, 500x502px
>>9123230
as if suffering with a male wouldn't be worse than suffering alone or with a nice companionable kitty cat
>>
>>9123415
Of course, how could I type this if I was sleeping?
>>
>>9123351
kys
>>
>>9123326
she's trying to undermine the argument though. it's that she's claiming it's fixed now she wants to get married that's the problem, there, because she's trying to undermine her own arguments, whether she does so successfully or not. (that her arguments were successful in the first place to be undermined is also questionable)
>>
>>9123184
misogamist
>>
she right about the changing of view around marriage though
>>
>>9123412
it is trivial to argue facts that you do not yourself believe in. or perhaps you were busy playing video games with the other plebians while i was on the debate team?

an argument presented by a robot is no less compelling to the logical man (or woman, such as it may be)
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.