[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw I was in the second-hand bookshop today but didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: tfw.jpg (36KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
36KB, 300x360px
>mfw I was in the second-hand bookshop today but didn't buy anything because I felt stupid knowing I can get them all for free on Libgen
>>
>>9122823
That's good. I rarely get buyer's remorse now because I only buy books I've already read, and look out for nice hardcovers or special edition releases, but that means I usually buy direct from the publishers.

Okay that probably hurts the second hand bookstores business but I don't care. Turn that bitch into a fucking library with option to buy.
>>
>>9122867
This.
I won't try to justify why I pirate- I do it because I'm cheap, and it's so fucking easy.
But a good book is worth buying, even if you've read it. So. Think of it as... sampling the wares, op. Buy it if it's worth the money.
>>
I don't get how you guys read off of an electronic device. I like talking a walk down to the book shop and buying a book for a few bucks knowing I'm fighting globalism by supporting a local economy while simultaneously depriving myself of the toxic instant gratification that plagues things that come as easy as pirating something from the interweb

Also, it feels better on the eyes and in the hands
>>
>>9124015
e-ink is basically the same visually as paper desu
>>
>>9124019
Except it's guaranteed to be clear, unlike actual ink which can be shitty Penguin-tier blurs.
>>
>>9124015
>he thinks he's fighting globalism by giving money to a bookshop whose owners will subsequently use such money to buy foreign goods, services and pay for holidays

lmao, you've been duped, embrace the e-reader, you'll get used to it
>>
>>9124040

Even if that were to be true in all cases, he would still be fighting it. It's a matter of principle, something you obviously cannot grasp.

Real books > E ''books''
>>
>>9124058
His principle is retarded because he's slaving away hours of work to earn money that he needlessly spends so that some middle-class couple can use it on their holiday

A true principle would be to recognise that the world is for your taking and never pay for such things ever again
>>
>>9124075
Why are you assuming he's not middle-class.

I know this is 4chan but this is also /lit//.
>>
>>9124083
Where did I assume that?

Language is a funny thing hehe
>>
>>9124075
why do you assume that 100% of a bookstore owner's money will go to foreign vacations?

are you literally retarded?
>>
>>9124163
Where did I assume that?

Language is a funny thing hehe
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.