[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Svidrigaylov even a real person? His actions are so unsettling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 0192833839.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg (32KB, 306x475px) Image search: [Google]
0192833839.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
32KB, 306x475px
Was Svidrigaylov even a real person? His actions are so unsettling and he seems to act almost supernaturally
>>
>>9120917
SONIAS FIREEEEEEE
>>
I read this book and it is so boring. Why do you recommend this meme so often?
>>
File: 1468356146760.jpg (311KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
1468356146760.jpg
311KB, 1024x1448px
Porfiry actually unsettles me the most.

>tee hee hee! you have such a sharp wit! so very clever! tee hee!
>>
No, Russians are just like that.
>>
>>9120942
you just didnt "get it"
>>
>>9120942
It's a very dense work, on re-reading it I found a lot of things I missed (a decent amount is lost in translation as well)
>>9120944
His role struck me more as just a man who was very good at his job, for better or for worse. However, when he mirrors Svidrigaylov's speech in his last meeting with Raskolnikov, that unsettled me
>>
>>9120947
Of course, because it is sooooo hard to understand. Some edgy teen tries to play God, drops spaghetti and only love and religion will purify his soul. The End.
>>
>>9120967
>Raskolnikov's theory
>the most important part of the book
you missed a lot senpai
>>
>>9120967
inserting disparaging meme-phrases into a 1 sentence synopsis is not valid criticism.
>>
>>9120944
Porfiry was the ultimate shitposter, he knew what was real but didn't have the proper evidence to warrant an arrest. Not to mention he came to like him and even consider him a friend.
>>
>>9120975
There are people and “people“ theory you mean? I understood everything. The first time I read it four years ago, I loved it. I reread it one year and it was meh, now it is just boring because I realized how bboring the themes were on the very beginning.
>>
>>9120917
He was a variation on Rodia.
essentially a portrayal of Rodia with no love or support in his life
>>
>>9120989
>bboring the themes

Or maybe because you've read the book several times?
>>
>>9120989
So would you like to discuss the interpretations of Svidrigailov's character or the meaning of the duality present in the book, or are you only capable of a surface level understanding?
>>
>>9120917
did his wifes ghost tell him to kill himself?
is that why he stopped seeing her ghost and acted like he planned on dying because the last thing she said is to kill himself
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.