[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have some topics on which I need book suggestions, if anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: lamp.jpg (280KB, 1848x1585px) Image search: [Google]
lamp.jpg
280KB, 1848x1585px
I have some topics on which I need book suggestions, if anyone knows of such things...
- A meta-ethical analysis of utilitarianism, virtue ethics, and deontology. I don't mean meta-ethics as a dimension of realism and anti-realism or any of the subcategories therein (because frankly I think Michael Huemer's Ethical Intuitionism is the only book anyone needs on the topic), I mean an assessment of the logical, phenomenological, ontological, and/or metaphysical implications of the three above.
- Some kind of book about the philosophy of chemistry, if such a subcategory exists.
- A description and analysis of language, specifically its structures, commonality/universalities, and the mental implications it entails in the human mind on the whole. I don't mean how did language develop. I mean something like "why does every language have verbs?"
- A description of identity, both in objects and persons, that actually makes sense, is convincing, and is coherent. Included in this could be the idea of brains as mere receivers, and an elaboration on such ideas.
- A reader on realism that includes perspectives on logic from and Aristotelian perspective as well as those that might be entailed in a non-Euclidean universe or dimensions above our own. This one is hard to describe. In short, I want a book that outlines multiple theories of logical realism in which one holds that God is not bound by logic or mathematics, if that makes sense (and it may not, as I have never seen it done convincingly).
- Something on the four main schools of law for Sunnis Hanafi, Maliki, Shafi’i, and Hanbali schools) and one for Shi’ites (Ja‘fari)
- The philosophy of infinities, and different perspectives about it. I read one and it was terrible.
>>
most french thing ive ever seen
>>
>>9116897
>- The philosophy of infinities, and different perspectives about it. I read one and it was terrible.

Stopped reading here.
>>
T'es en 1ère L, n'est-ce pas ?

If you're actually serious about any of this, and I sure hope you aren't, here are a few things I'll put here, because I'm bored, and I believe everyone should have read them.
>Some kind of book about the philosophy of chemistry
https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/chemistry/
>A meta-ethical analysis of utilitarianism, virtue ethics, and deontology
Kant's Groundwork of the Metaphysic of Morals
>A description and analysis of language
Wittgenstein's Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus
Claude Lévi Strauss' Tristes Tropiques
R.v.o Quine's Word and Object
>The philosophy of infinities
There is no such thing, but you might want to have a look at The Emperor's new Mind by Roger Penrose
>>
>>9117103
Why are you so pedantic?
>>
>>9116897
>A meta-ethical analysis of utilitarianism, virtue ethics, and deontology. I don't mean meta-ethics as a dimension of realism and anti-realism or any of the subcategories therein (because frankly I think Michael Huemer's Ethical Intuitionism is the only book anyone needs on the topic), I mean an assessment of the logical, phenomenological, ontological, and/or metaphysical implications of the three above.
Start with Anscombe's Modern Moral Philosophy
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.