[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New stack thread. Not here for validation, just need to know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 20170201_221838-1.jpg (2MB, 1836x1391px) Image search: [Google]
20170201_221838-1.jpg
2MB, 1836x1391px
New stack thread.

Not here for validation, just need to know where I went wrong/right. Library had a huge sale, so I went balls out. Also open for suggestions (kys, included).
>>
I've only read one of those books (Gatsby). I fapped to Love in the Time of Cholera but got bored halfway through anyway.
>>
>>9116736
>need to know where I went wrong/right

Are you a man or a woman? This is important.
>>
>>9116736
I keep hearing on lit that Henry James is supposed to be really boring, but Portrait of a Lady is great with beautiful prose and interesting characters. Hope you enjoy it. Not familiar with most of the rest, but the stack looks pretty good!
>>
>>9116756
I'm a FUCKIN WHITE MALE. I know picked up a lot female authors, but it was basically a scavenget hunt for books that were $1 apiece.
>>
>>9116762
In that case:

+James, Woolf, DeLillo, Marquez, Fitzgerald, Shakes, Highsmith, Doerr
/ Brown, Naylor, Adams, Morrison, Bronte
- Barbery

Of what I've read in the picture, I most enjoyed James, Woolf and DeLillo. I least enjoyed Naylor, Bronte and Barbery. Do not read Barbery.
>>
>>9116781
I've read Morrison, DeLillo and Woolf all of whom I like, but fuck, is there at least some female perspective I can get from Barbery? I'm experimenting with a few female characters in my writing projects, so I picked it up for research, mostly.
>>
>>9116812
You won't find much in the way of a uniquely feminine perspective, as the novel itself is very literal and disconnected. It starts rearing its head midway through. Frankly, it's not worth your trouble if that's all your after. There are other works that would do you better in that regard.

And that's being nice, because it's honestly one of the worst novels I've ever read. Barbery cannot build a character to save her life.
>>
There's like four stack threads already in the catalogue you fucking faggot. At least finish one thread before you spam another you fucking materialistic autists.
>>
File: stackk.png (887KB, 913x532px)
stackk.png
887KB, 913x532px
recent buys.

in case the brazilian fag that asked me a question in the previous thread sees this >>9113773
>>
>>9116963
Wrong. There are two, including mine, and the other one is old, so go fuck yourself, little cunt.

And it has little to do with materialism. As I said in OP, I just wanted to know if I made good choices in an otherwise sweet, sweet deal.
>>
>>9117200
Wordsworth makes me sick.
>>
>>9117200
Nice Great books of the Western World selections. I have been meaning to cop those two for some time now
>>
File: DSC_0758.jpg (854KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0758.jpg
854KB, 2560x1440px
Recently bought these

First is "peasants" by Wladislaw Reymont
Second is "A moment in Peking" by Lin Yutang
Third is "Between tears and laughter" by Lin Yutang
Last one was a gift,it's "Thoughts" by Blaise Pascal

What do you think?
>>
>>9117785
>I just wanted to know if I made good choices

You're not going to read them anyway you fucking pseud.
>>
File: 1410804515456 - Copy.jpg (31KB, 451x800px) Image search: [Google]
1410804515456 - Copy.jpg
31KB, 451x800px
>>9117960
If you say so, my dude.
>>
>>9117879
they are great indeed. I have these two I just bought, plus the augustine and the herodotus & thucydides volumes, had a lot of luck with them, it seems that they haven't been read at all, pretty good condition and price

>>9117791
well, they are cheap, some translations, for instance war and peace, are good, and the quality is not bad. just some covers that are atrocious but I don't think it is the case of those 3
>>
Stacks on Stacks.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.