[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be me >Do English >Be sad >Ask 4chan for help Any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 20170216_181204.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170216_181204.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>Be me
>Do English
>Be sad
>Ask 4chan for help
Any thoughts or suggestions are great
We had to write sonnets in iambic pentameter with three quatrains, ending with a couplet, and a rhyme scheme of
A
B
A
B

C
D
C
D

E
F
E
F

G
G

>inb4 4ever alone
>>
>>9115278
Are you saying I should go gay?
>>
>>9115262
You write like a girl
>>
>>9115262
You write in disgusting platitudes. Truly juvenile work.
>>
>>9115262
>be me
>be in the land of the dead
>dine
>>
Too many syllables in your poems makes it awkward when you try to rhyme
Surely there's a way to say the same thing in a shorter amount of time
>>
the rhymes and syntax seem forced, and all 3 stanzas say the same thing.

i like the line "she hurts so awfully without aggression". perhaps focus each stanza on some instance or way in which she hurts you by not acknowledging you. maybe give a short specific example.
>>
File: itsretarded.jpg (219KB, 1224x1445px) Image search: [Google]
itsretarded.jpg
219KB, 1224x1445px
you even fucked up the syllabic emphases
have you considered suicide
holy shit this is bad
>she couldn't even name me for instance
she COULDn't EVen NAME me FOR inSTANCE

>lasting like this will do for me no more
lasTING like THIS will DO for ME no MORE

what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>9115262

lul I did the whole writing sonnets unrequited love thing too for a while. To improve the quality or increase the level of intellectual engagement, consider reading up on poetry and symbology of some other culture. Then re-write the sonnet while utilizing parts of those conventions and symbolism to create more critical distance between the poem and the author, so as to give space to the reader.
>>
>>9116691

the unrequited pining for a distant obect of affection sonnet unfortunately has very little literary mobility and will, despite masterful handling of language and depth of emotion remain ultimately forgettable. the best sonnets/poetry, i think, happens when you work with the smallest of interactions.

the way to to write better poetry is not to go read for hours on petrarch but literally do something as small as saying hi or mentioning you like her shirt or something just something casual and off the cuff and i guarantee you by the end of the interaction youll have the poem already written in your head
>>
>>9115262
You forgot the "iamb" in "iambic pentameter..."
>>
>>9116656
Why do you type like that? I feel more embarrassed for you than I do for OP.
>>
>>9118328
how the fuck do you suggest we communicate syllabic emphasis? Fucking backticks?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.