[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any bigger pseudo-scientific claptrap than neoclassical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

Is there any bigger pseudo-scientific claptrap than neoclassical economics? Why are you still buying into this shit?
>>
>>9114668
Fuck off, leftist cuck.? We are white and proud here
>>
>Said that the most violent and bloody governments are ones which are run by (((merchants))).

What was he meaning to imply with this statement?

Also, wouldn't Smith have been greatly against fiat money?
>>
>>9114672
I hope your mother is proud for your devotion to a literal meme.
>>
>>9114705
>Also, wouldn't Smith have been greatly against fiat money?
Hard to say, he wasn't particularly averse to the effects of circulating bills of exchange, and those are essentially gold-backed credit money. One step away from being gold-backed fiat money.

If you're talking about inconvertible non-backed fiat money, he would have been against it.

But there's multiple forms of fiat money so... you know... ask better questions next time. A-
>>
Because people like to justify their self-centeredness by saying its a means to ultimately better society.

At least revel in your narcissism and say fuck your fellow man, don't try to act like your bullshit is saving the world.
>>
File: lighto.jpg (833KB, 1390x2048px) Image search: [Google]
lighto.jpg
833KB, 1390x2048px
if theres a spook haunting you, covering your eyes doesnt make it go away, because the spook is in your head, behind your eyes.
>>
>>9114668
>neoclassical economics

>the picture is classical economist
>>
>>9115556
Op is attacking interpretations of Smith. Not Smith himself. Same with the image.
>>
File: 1485999415779.png (71KB, 315x145px) Image search: [Google]
1485999415779.png
71KB, 315x145px
>>9114668

Have you actually read Wealth of Nations? Whats the 'psudo-science' that concerns you? Smith also wrote a fuckload about division of labor and comparative advantage, which sure as shit finds its place in modern economics today.

Plus as >>9115556 said, you flubbed your terms.

>>9115627
Yep

>>9114672

You're calling OP a leftist for attacking Smith for being too leftist. gotta keep your shitposting consistent.
>>
>>9116537
Adam Smith hardly has a political lean. It's hard to find works without a political lean or bent these days which is more than worrying.

I mean, holy fuck. I almost like reading economics books from the 19th century over the 20th century for this very reason.
>>
>>9116537
Are you stupid or just retarded? OP is making fun of the neo-classical depiction of Adam Smith, of course he knows that Smith was a classical economist.

>>>9115627
>yep
Did your brain have a meltdown?
>>
>>9114668
>adam smith
>neoclassical
>>
File: Soiled It.jpg (62KB, 500x510px) Image search: [Google]
Soiled It.jpg
62KB, 500x510px
>>9116595
>>
This thread is embarrassing.

Irving Fisher is actually one of my favorite economists tho OP. Why the hate for neoclassicals?
>>
File: 1483075080244.png (1023KB, 564x814px) Image search: [Google]
1483075080244.png
1023KB, 564x814px
>>9114668
Because they had to refute Marx. Marginalism was created to counter the Labour Theory.

Marx was critiquing political economy with the works of Smith and Ricardo, so the bourgeoisie had to reaffirm political economy with the works of Smith and Ricardo.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.