[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here majored in STEM and minored in English? Has it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5364.jpg (153KB, 600x589px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5364.jpg
153KB, 600x589px
Has anyone here majored in STEM and minored in English? Has it done you any favors or does it just take up space on your resume?
>>
Yes. All my source code comments are in perfect iambic pentameter.
>>
>>9114447
I had a friend that did Math/English double major and he emerged pretty happy with it but he said he wish he had done math/philosophy instead
>>
>>9114447
majoring in english is the best meme, don't waste your time
>>
I did a double major like >>9114465
I wanted to prove to myself that both ways of thinking can benefit each other, but all I learned was that STEM students can't think.
>>
I did.

Can't say it's done anything for me professionally, even though I don't think my stem degree has either.

It definitely broadened my horizons in lit from a personal standpoint, but no otherwise.
>>
>>9114473
funnily enough my friend said the exact opposite

who to trust
>>
>>9114457
lmao
>>
I majored in Engineering and minored in Spanish, but mostly because I wanted to apply to med school. My minor was pretty useless and they mostly taught me about how impoverished LatinAmerican countries are and tried to make me a cuck (luckily I'm not a humanitiesfag and saw through the bullshit).

I do read a lot of philosophy and I feel as if it helps train my mind to be better at general problem solving and improves its ability to infer information from text.
>>
>>9114481
There's all kinds of people both in stem and humanities. The only ones you shouldn't trust are edgy dismissive retards.
>>
I'm in STEM with a minor in philosophy, usually people ask about it in interviews and I tell them I like reading and talk a bit about some books I like and it makes them think I'm smart

I am not.
>>
>>9114640
>paying money to learn languages in an academic setting, the worst possible place to learn them

How does it feel that you spent thousands of dollars on something that would be better learnt with a couple hundred in rosetta stones and spending time in spanish speaking areas? Were you just uninterested in academia and trying to fill your resume with things you thought sounded useful?
>>
>>9114731
Lots of assumptions there, friend. I already knew Spanish and wanted an easy minor to help boost my GPA and make my resume more attractive. There were only one class I had to go out of my way to take, and the rest occupied humanities slots I had to fill to get my engineering degree.
>>
>>9114748
you've been baited hard
>>
>>9114721
Now this, this is a solid post befitting of lit.
>>
I have. But I didn't minor in English.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.