[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /lit/ really think Sam Harris couldn't BTFO Zizek or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: Headshot2.jpg (547KB, 400x499px) Image search: [Google]
Headshot2.jpg
547KB, 400x499px
Does /lit/ really think Sam Harris couldn't BTFO Zizek or any other PoMo hero of theirs?
>>
>>9113679
>Zizek
Harris vs. Zizek is a must, only if it is 3 hours (+), and both prepare some bullet points of questions they wish to ask the other before, and both must write a little summery before their discussion of their understanding of 'what Truth/truth is', which they post online and read before the discussion, to see if they agree and understand
>>
>>9113847
>Harris vs. Zizek
I didnt mean to imply a 'harsh vs', but more of a 'with', a civil, constructive, enlightening, challenging, seeking brilliance
discussion
>>
>>9113679
BTFO him on what?

You can believe that Zizek's conclusions are shit but this guy, unlike Ben Stiller, really knows his philosophy/literature/history/younameit.

I mean how hard could it really be to outdebate a guy that dedicated his whole public intellectual life to inventing new ways to say "religion is shit, boo muslims".

Also Zizek being a PoMo hero. Do you even know his work? He spent a lot of time criticizing our postmodern condition and advocating for a return to some slightly reformed version of Modernity.
>>
>>9113679
Name (present) 1 (one) public intellectual (bullshit artist) BTFOed (defeated) by (by) Sam Harris (Ben Stiller).
>>
I want to see Zizek vs Peterson
>>
>>9113679
>>9113847
>>9113852
Come on someone with power has to do this has to get this to happen

come on, someone just has to make that happen, its like imagine if we had the opportunity to have a video interview between einstein, tesla and newton, or if Plato and Aristotle were able to film a Ted Talk Round Table Discussion

Someone get on it
>>
>>9113679
>Talks so calmly it's off-putting
Tell me why is he always relaxed? Is he using it as a façade?
>>
>>9115928
Lots of psychedelics and meditation
>>
Hahaha, I just realized that Sam Harris is literally trying to do the "enlightened" Buddha smile.
>>
>>9113679
What is it /lit/ has against Sam Harris?

Isn't he spiritual enough?
>>
File: _92274782_jordanpeterson-still.jpg (50KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
_92274782_jordanpeterson-still.jpg
50KB, 1024x576px
>>9114060
Well, Stiller pretty much garroted kermit for two excruciating hours on his podcast. If you remember the daily kermit threads a few weeks ago, that all stopped. A lot of theologyfags on this board truly believed he was some crypto-christian champion.
>>9113679
I like zizek but the force of his ideas too often depend on affect, or when in trouble, whimsical anecdotes about polish prostitutes. As we saw in the peterson podcast Sam has a talent for spotting and teasing out conceptual inconsistencies, and he isn't very forgiving to the kind of dramatic, figurative language that is the bread and butter of continental philosophy.
>>
>>9113679
van Inwagen, the best living metaphysician, would literally rip harris' head off.
>>
>>9116779
He does spends his career trying to get an ought from an is - to establish a "scientific morality" (which is impossible, see the open-question argument in Principa Ethica)
>>
File: harrisdotgif.gif (3MB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
harrisdotgif.gif
3MB, 300x360px
>>
>>9113679
Sam Harris is a very solid thinker. The only problem I have with him is that he isn't charismatic. He is like a robot.

Imagine if a person of his mental ability and range was as interesting as Zizek or Hitchens.
>>
>>9116878
>Waaaah why don't you just accept my ludicrous premise so that I can keep building bullshit on top of it waaaah

Kermit posters btfo.
>>
>>9116944
Ironically the very premise that Peterson couldn't let go of because of his irrational Nietzsche mancrush is as indefensible as the degenerate pomo genderfucking he is railing against.
>>
>>9113679
Harris already got his face torn off by Noam "No no the Khmer Rouge were totally the good guys" Chomsky, and his performance against Kermit the Frog demonstrated a total lack of formal philosophic training.

He's a clueless neocon riding le internet atheist community to fame. Frankly he should've been taken out behind the shed and shot after his nonsense about arming moderate rebels in the Egypt. We went and tried that--what happened? In not ONE case did it turn out well. He's a dickless Jewish weasel with cringe-tier politics who fabricates justifications for us to murder more of his tribe's enemies.

If he had kids, I'd advocate that we shoot them in front of him, and then bury him alive.
>>
>>9117832
>nd his performance against Kermit the Frog demonstrated a total lack of formal philosophic training.

This is entirely wrong, he brought up multiple schools of thought similar to Peterson's when they were discussing epistemology and truth. The truth is that you guys hate him for being too earnest in his disdain for religion and so on.
>>
>>9117837
They hate him for not being a meme enough. Peterson is only cheered because he is anti-SJW and meme-y about it.
>>
>>9117837
Well, no, I hate him for being Jewish and for advocating bad geopolitics. Religion doesn't really have anything to do with it.
>>
>>9117911
This, but also dick riding fan base.
>>
>>9113679

Seriously though, who do you think leads a more enjoyable life our of Zizek or Harris? Granted I don't know jack shit about Harris but given that he looks like one boring ass fucker from every picture that gets posted on /lit/, I'm betting Zizek would BTFO out of him on this one. Plus, ain't nobody listening to your ideas beyond a certain age if you lack even basic charisma.

1-0 to the Slovenian I think.
>>
>>9117358
It was actually both of their faults for not understanding the words they were using and the world.

Harris was saying: Truth exists and thats that.

Peterson was saying: The powers that be, "more and less" choose what to focus on, and that all power creates 'the truth of objective history', and 'this is what I am focused on'

Peterson was wrong/ignoring (sams wording and points, and clarity) by failing to follow sams arguments and examples and denying his conclusions which were all attempts at saying: "you do agree, admit, that 2+2=4"
>>
>>9117943
>I think Aristotle is the better philosopher than Plato, more closer to the Absolute Truth, predominately because he was such a better partier than that grumpy rusty ol fart Plato
>nice bait scumbag
>>
>>9116779
he's objectively dumb.
>>
Zizek would punch him in the gut so hard he'd die.
>>
who the fuck is "kermit the frog" supposed to be?
>>
>>9113679
Sam Harris, no, but Jordan Peterson, yes.
>>
Zizek would self-immolate
>>
File: 1461926442493.jpg (100KB, 334x375px) Image search: [Google]
1461926442493.jpg
100KB, 334x375px
>>9119588
>>
File: deadbarry.jpg (85KB, 1280x536px) Image search: [Google]
deadbarry.jpg
85KB, 1280x536px
>daily Sam Harris threads
>>
>>9116878
>whimsical anecdotes about polish prostitutes
this is what we like so much about Žižek though
>>
>>9121269
thanks
>>
>>9113679
Harris is a goon.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.