[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Why does every generation assume it knows better than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: images.jpg (7KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 259x195px
>Why does every generation assume it knows better than the one before?
>>
Did you just assume my generation?
>>
>>9113050
>why does every generation thinks it knows better than the next?
The real question you should ask OP, is why humans are so fucking adverse to people who think differently.
>>
File: 20170212_195446.png (27KB, 132x159px) Image search: [Google]
20170212_195446.png
27KB, 132x159px
>>9113063
Because people who think differently than me are wrong, and if they just used common sense, they'd realize it.
>>
Because it's true, my granny can't even use the dishwasher lmao
>>
>>9113090
/thread
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (140KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
140KB, 1280x720px
>>9113090
>>9113124
You really aren't kidding are you?
>>
File: gg.jpg (155KB, 1000x394px) Image search: [Google]
gg.jpg
155KB, 1000x394px
>>9113090
Current generation:
>can use the dishwasher
>can use computers
>can take flattering pictures of themselves
>can't formulate a substantial thought
>can't produce meaningful art
>can't be not depressed
Really makes you think.
>>
because it's true, my dad and grandma can barely type. I was downloading mp3's from limewire and pretending to be a girl on tinychat since I was 10.
>>
>>9113149
Nigga my heroin addicted grandparents can't do Any of that shit
>>
>>9113164
>my dad and grandma can barely type
typewriters were a thing
>>
>>9113149
What should I be seeing on that enlarged picture?
>>
>>9113165
They can be not depressed and the art would be way better then nowdays
>>
>>9113183
>remember when paintings looked like real things and were the visual equivalent of technical death metal? Neither do I, I was born in le wrong jenerayshun
>>
Because it does, it is more closely adapted to the new circumstnaces that have emerged during their childhood and adolescence. That doesn't mean it has more "objective" knowledge of the world though
>>
File: arthur meme.png (920KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
arthur meme.png
920KB, 1600x900px
>>9113178
>>
>>9113063

This

Every society honors its live conformists, and its dead troublemakers. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

Don't think you're on the right road just because it's a well-beaten path. ~Author unknown

Most people are more comfortable with old problems than with new solutions. ~Author unknown

The average man is a conformist, accepting miseries and disasters with the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain. ~Colin Wilson

Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly. ~Albert Einstein, on the controversy surrounding Bertrand Russell's appointment to the faculty of the City University of New York, quoted in The New York Times, 1940 March 19th

Our wretched species is so made that those who walk on the well-trodden path always throw stones at those who are showing a new road. ~Voltaire
>>
>>9113206
So, the young SS guy is for some reason angry about the grandma and wants to knock her down?
>>
>>9113228
That's Joachim Peiper and Himmler visiting a Jewish peasant in Poland in 1941. It's up to you decide what he is so upset about.
>>
>>9113242
Oh, I wasn't aware that that's Peiper. The guy, who popularized the turtleneck among German troops.
>>
>>9113280
And what a fine legacy that is to be remembered for.
>>
>>9113050
Because out of a long long history of over 20s of billions of minds existing, now, only a fraction of that number exist currently, and how many of them literally "know it all", how much in the last 50 years has there existed 'new things and ideas' that the previous generations average user did not and could not imagine.
>>
>>9113050
Ideology of progressives.
>>
>>9113050
Because societies survive by having a mix of old guards and new rebels.
It's healthy for a child to rebel against its parents and if it doesn't think it knows better, then it will not find new paths and solutions.
So I believe it's an evolutionary advantage played out on a larger scale. In the same way, older generations also always assume they know better and are better behaved than the new one.

A problem arises of course when you throw wrenches into this healthy balance, like mass media, diploma mills, white guilt etc.
>>
>>9113681
>>9113050

As things become more and more efficient (see: Linear History), a child has more time and resources at their disposal each generation (At least some, theoretically), which suggests the potential for a novel accumulation of knowledge, further more as well the bran new knowledge of all others at that moment and time (of that day and age) that the parents and older siblings might no longer or not have ever been in the position to 'be on top of', the cutting edge, especially not helping to make it larger, sleeker, sharper,
>>
Because the old generation say that to get a job all you need to do is give the manager a firm handshake. Old generations don't know shit.
>>
>>9113712
>>9113050
This is of course not to say, The Newest Generation (at least their ""best and brightest"") have not overlocked any extremely important gem of wisdom locked away in one of their million Treasure Troves, of Important Ancient Information
>>
>>9113050
I'm not sure what you meant by greentexting this. Is the pic supposed to be what people who say this look like or your reaction to those people? Or are you the one asking this question and just greentexting for no reason?
>>
>>9113050
Also it's because they do.
>>
>>9113149
> Muh generation

Every generation has its goobers. They just get forgotten like you will.
>>
>>9113183
How much contemporary art are you aware of?
>>
>>9113050
Because natural selection optimizes survival traits like intelligence over time, weeding out deficient versions of the code. It's also why modern people are slightly taller.
>>
>>9113904
lmaoooo
>>
File: cosmology[1].jpg (158KB, 400x595px) Image search: [Google]
cosmology[1].jpg
158KB, 400x595px
>herp derp what do you mean the Earth is a sphere that orbits around the sun in an enormous universe full of stars that are like faraway suns?
>How can you be arrogant enough to think you know better than your ancestors who though the universe looked like this?
>>
>>9113050
that's one funny rabbit picture
>>
the farther you back, the more retarded people are
>>
>>9113189
This. Bitching about modern art is incredibly lazy, and is usually a sure sign somebody knows nothing about visual art as a whole.
>>
>>9113904
Nice b8 m8, i won't get ir8 at something this degener8
>>
>>9113713
t. humanities major
>>
>>9113050

Why wouldn't newer generations know more, especially about certain empirical matters, but also in philosophical and societal matters?

We have access to the arguments, theories, technology, and data of the previous generations, so it's absorbed to a large extent in our generation without us having to toil to get it.

It's how the dumbest kid in a middle school class can know that the sun is powered by nuclear fusion, but Isaac Newton didn't.
>>
I wish I were a smug pimp rabbit.
>>
>>9113818
hes a newfag who doesnt know what greentexting is for desu
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.