[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Complete fucking pleb here (my favorite book is 1984) I read

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: vampyrf.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vampyrf.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
Complete fucking pleb here (my favorite book is 1984)

I read contemplation and the metamorphosis yesterday and i really enjoyed them. And i have now decided to ascend. What should i read?
>>
Read the sticky
>>
Use the wiki and delete this thread
>>
>>9113037
>>9113038
Please forgive me
>>
>>9113038
>>9113037
Yes because precious space on your albanian bullshitting forum is so precious and you people and your stories are super important.

>>9113031
>Favorite book is 1984
Could be worse. If you like that then try some Aldous Huxley.
>>
>>9113086
its about precedent, its why /fit/ has a sticky

if everyone was allowed to roll in, ask where they should start, this place would just become a help desk
>>
You should only read non-fiction from now on, and read occasional fiction works on a scale of 20 to 1.
>>
You don't just "ascend". You need to drag yourself. Determination is key. Read as much as you can (a couple of hours - even an hour a day is not bad right now) and just make sure that you properly understand everything you read. Learn how to analyze text, to read properly.

The only advice I can give is to be a voracious reader. And read everything - philosophy, science, fiction. Do this for something like a few years and watch yourself becoming a total badass patrician.
>>
>>9113139
>Do this for something like a few years and watch yourself becoming a total badass patrician.
I feel like this is how people here actually see themselves.
>>
>>9113170
Lol that was a bit of a joke, you'll be a less of a tool after a few years is more realistic.
>>
>>9113031
Try Phillip K Dick's Do Androids Dream Of Electrical Sheep.

Small compact and interesting and somewhat in the lines of 1984.

You can also read Orwell's Animal Farm.
>>
>you will never be a 5th grader getting into literature reading 1984 again
>>
>>9113200
I'll never understand the hate this book gets just because it isn't hard to read or trying to be especially artistic. It's still more important, profound and entertaining than 90% of the stuff people here masturbate over.
>>
>>9113224
It is the first literary work that 90% of young men read. So while there is nothing wrong with it in general, discussing it over and over it like discussing a children's book to me, and certainly others. It is a good way to guage the flow of newfags on this board, since no one who has been here for a year is starting a 1984 thread. That is reserved for Gass and MIshima posters.

Also, the hyperbole thrown around comparing 1984 to x reductio ad orwellium? is tiresome, and shows just how entry tier this novel is, that a main stream news or social media source can drop 1984 and have common plebs understand what it means.
>>
>>9113239
To be fair I never read it in school so I can see what you mean about that and the newfags; there isn't much to discuss about it in terms of literay value, it's more a /pol/ thing.

And yes, I agree there too. It's showcased by how the left and the right claim him for themselves at the same time. I still wouldn't say that the common person really understands the reference though, for most people it's just "1984 = government is lying in some way".
Personally I think the best parts of the book aren't the goverment stuff but rather the psychology behind ratting out your loved ones etc. But yeah, good points.
>>
>>9113086

>bloo bla bloo don't use the sticky it's not like it's there to keep the place uncluttered

Fuck off.
>>
>>9113281
If you want three good books on overreaching horrifying government, Reasons of State by Alejo Carpentier, and pic related
>>
>>9113299
>that's only two
Thanks though, I will check them out. Up to now I always thought books like that by nature have less artistic merit.
>>
>>9113302
was gonna put kingdom of heaven, which is about how "republican" government progresses to anarchy after haitian revolution, but thought better of it.
>>
>>9113305
Thanks. Might kill myself though if I read too much about overreaching government and can't do anything against it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.